TV Client sluggish and stuttering fixed (1 Viewer)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I had a situation arise this week resulting in very sluggish TV Client response, which had me beat until today when I discovered the cause of the problem. So, if anyone is suffering from the same problem - maybe this will help.

Both of my TV Client installations suddenly developed very sluggish response to the remote and (using Blue Two Wide) had a stuttering scrolling of the EPG information below the TV Screen area of the main TV screen in Blue Two Wide - yet recordings played fine as did Live TV. I tried everything to get rid of the sluggish response - including increasing the MP priority but nothing fixed it. I noticed that every other screen in MP v1.0.0 RC1 client responded normally as did the Recorded TV section of My TV.

I tracked the problem down to a faulty hub on the network! In my setup, the TV Server and the affected TV Clients were connected to different hubs. After transferring the TV Server PC to another Hub, the sluggishness and stuttering disappeared immediately and all is now back to normal. It looks like the TV Client generates almost continuous traffic between itself and the TV Server, the faulty hub was interfering with that traffic.

Hope that helps!

Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom