[solved] TV Configuration will not start after initial installation (1 Viewer)

BFF Oscar

February 13, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK have read the suggested posts and changed hosts file as per sanderg. No joy as yet!

I have installed after much much much agony. MP client appears to be working, DB and TV services are running.

I can configure MediaPortal. If I attempt to activate the TV Server Configuration application, I get no response.

There is some repetitive disk activity, but no messages, errors or anything.

Hmmmm.......

Cheers Oscar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Oscar

Which version of MediaPortal have you installed? The system specifications in your forum profile (thanks for filling them in (y) ) say you're using MediaPortal version "1 0.1.0.7"... but that's a bit confusing, because there's no such version.

BFF Oscar

February 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ah "sanberg" is the author of one of the responses to an earlier forum question suggested as relevant by the system.

I have edited the system attached to my profile, hopefully I am no longer as confusing as confused!!!

Media Portal 1.

And thanks for such a swift response

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

I can't find any references to the "sanberg" you speak of. I also don't think version 0.1.0.7 is a valid version of MediaPortal 1. That is, unless it were really really really ancient. The earliest version of MediaPortal still available as an official download is version 0.2.3 which is from 2007. So if you're really using version 0.1.0.7... well, it must be very outdated. The other possibility is that you've got a bogus version filled with viruses and/or malware from some unofficial source.

My suggestion would be to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the last version of MediaPortal which is compatible/recommended for Windows XP. That would be version 1.3, which can be downloaded from our official release archive here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaportal/files/MediaPortal Setup/MediaPortal 1.3.0/

BFF Oscar

February 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, have removed any references to versions. The MediaPortal version I am using was obtained yesterday from your web page.
    As installing software is a common exercise, I have just completed a reinstallation of the TV server alone. No change.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can't use the latest version of MediaPortal with Windows XP. It's no longer compatible straight out of the box. So, I still recommend you install version 1.3 as previously linked.

BFF Oscar

February 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK. I am trying (very trying). Have updated specs to 1.12.0[DOUBLEPOST=1455351890][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope...... No change to symptoms.:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you reading my replies?
    I recommended version 1.3, not version 1.13 or 1.12.

BFF Oscar

February 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Humble apologies. Too busy clickety clickety clickety to realise.

Fixing it as we speak. .... Stay tuned.

FYI
    the page
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-1-3-0-final-released

Download

Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.

xmenuv3_donate.png.pagespeed.ic.qvsok2CCXf.png
    If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a small donation!

The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!

.::. Download - MediaPortal 1.3.0 FINAL .::.

Links to the standard download page

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download

which does NOT have 1.3 on it!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom