TV DVB T2 in Thailand (1 Viewer)

barryw52

January 18, 2009
Home Country
We now have Digital TV in Thailand using the DVBT2 standard same as UK. I manged to scan the Channels by setting to the UK all regions and ticking the Channel moment detection box plus the used advanced tuning options box as well. several Channels came up as encrypted but when I set there properties to Free TV all was ok .I am using a TBS 6281 Dual Tuner Card and all it now working very well. Be good if Thailand could now be added to the list of countries for the TV Server setup Channel start at 464Mhz (Chennel 21) - 858Mhz (Ch 69) and are 8Mhz wide channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome barryw52! :)

Thanks for the report. (y)
    Could you please submit tuning detail file(s) for Thailand here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/submit-epg-grabbers-and-tuningdetails.296/

Tuning parameters are in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\
    Windows hides ProgramData by default, so copy and paste the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer to get there.
    The DVB-T/T2 tuning parameters are in the "dvbt" subfolder.
    XML files can be opened, edited and saved in any text editor (notepad, wordpad etc.).

If possible, please create one file per region/province/transmitter like we have done for the UK.

Thanks in advance!
    mm

barryw52

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok Thanks,I can see the XML files for each Country and region. Where is the file created by my tune search here located so I can see it parameters? I only have access in Bangkok so I have do a bit or research to see if I can see what there are doing for all the other Provinces here for the other files I suspect I only be able to give you Bangkok. There is not much technical info around about Service here I have worked most of it out myself by look at the Search on my TV with Built in Digital Tuner plus the Media portal Tuner Search. There not even any EPG information for the channels yet I can see a bit testing going on so still early day and service has been live for month now.

Regards

Barry

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Barry

Where is the file created by my tune search here located so I can see it parameters?
    There is no such file. That's why I suggested to copy and edit one of the UK files.

I suspect I only be able to give you Bangkok.
    That's okay. We appreciate any and all contributions. :)

Best regards,
    mm

barryw52

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    The Thailand Tuning Parameters are working fine now in 1.10 did a complete re-install of Media portal 1.10 on one of my systems and retuned TV channel again from nothing all perfect first time.
    But with the EPG I have both English and Thai languages selected but the Thai comes out as funny English like characters where English is used in the EPG it shows up fine. I can see the the EPG is working correctly on my Digital TV but not on Media Portal TV server. I have the Thai language installed on the PC. What other steps do I need to take to get EPG in Thai working?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What other steps do I need to take to get EPG in Thai working?
    It is possible that the broadcaster is not properly specifying the encoding of the EPG characters.

Let's ask if our resident text encoding expert - @Vasilich - can help you. :)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @mm1352000 do you remember there was one place in TVE3 you told it won't let character table codes over 0x05 to go through? thai should use byte 0x07, and for that we have proper implementing of it in DvbTextConverters.cs line #82. I will try to search that thread...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    or we can fix that part in tve3 and give test version to barryw52. You said you have fixed it for TVE35. I don't remember where that code is used (TSwriter only or somewhere else), so not sure if it is also easy to test (as it is easy to replace one module, but reinstall TVServer is too much for the user, and too much work for us...)

Sorry, can't react very fast as i am at work right now. And cannot compile anything here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom