TV Engine 3 Plugins (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What does it take to implement and distribute a TVE3 plugin?
    Do we have a plug-in template somewhere I could use as a starting point?

I was thinking of having a MiniDisplay plug-in for TVE3.
    The main goal is to be able to show recording status on a display while MP application is closed.
    Thus that plug-in would need to get notifications or at least pull the recording status.
    Also be able to have access to EPG data would be nice so that the plug-in could provide the user with EPG data even when MP is not running.
    Things like:
    "Currently on Sky Cinema HD: The Avengers are Saving the Universe Again III"
    or
    "Tomorrow on Sky Sport HD 1 at 20:45: Arsenal is kicking Chelsea's ass"

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was thinking of having a MiniDisplay plug-in for TVE3. The main goal is to be able to show recording status on a display while MP application is closed. Thus that plug-in would need to get notifications or at least pull the recording status. Also be able to have access to EPG data would be nice so that the plug-in could provide the user with EPG data even when MP is not running.
    The very simplest form of recording status would be the famed "red dot" that WMC shows at the right-hand end of the Task Bar when a recording is taking place. :)

An elaboration would be to show a yellow dot if a recording is about to start in the next "n" minutes ("n" being user configurable). :):)

A further elaboration would be to display the name, channel, and start/end times of the current recordings and of the next scheduled recording. :):):)

Can you tell yet that I think this is a good idea? :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Notice.If you planing to use ProgramUpdated event it won't work as expected. It is not always fire. :(
    As I recall:
    • ProgramUpdated is only fired by the DVB EPG grabber after all channels have been grabbed/updated.
    • ImportEpgPrograms is only fired by plugins (eg. XMLTV, WebEPG) for each channel that is updated.
    So, the events might not fire when you expect them to fire, but they should fire when they're designed to fire.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom