TV engine usage question (1 Viewer)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Hi,

just a quick question about how the new engine works? I've got a single HTPC so server and client on same machine and it's all working well! What I'd like to know is

1) How does the epg get harvested, I use dvb epg info, Does the information get retrieved all the time server is running or specific times? Reason I ask is because have a lot of epg data missing.

2) Am I right in thinking to record a program I can schedule it using the main MP program then I don't need to have MP running at the time of the recording as server does it in the background?

Hope these questions make sense!

Thanks

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 + latest svn
Windows Version: XP Pro sp 2
CPU Type: Athlon 64 3200+
HDD: 200GB Seagate SATA
Memory: 1024MB PC3200
Motherboard: N-Force 4 Pro Sli
Motherboard Chipset: N-Force 4 Pro Sli
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Radeon X300
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: no AC£
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T pci
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 2.5e
MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec
Remote: Media Center 2005 remote
TV: VideoSeven 17" TFT
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1) How does the epg get harvested, I use dvb epg info, Does the information get retrieved all the time server is running or specific times? Reason I ask is because have a lot of epg data missing.
    if the card is IDLE it should start to grab EPG afaik

2) Am I right in thinking to record a program I can schedule it using the main MP program then I don't need to have MP running at the time of the recording as server does it in the background?
    Since the TV-Server is a Windows Service, you do not need to have MediaPortal running to get the show recorded.
    But as far as i know the TV-Server is not able to resume the PC to get a recorded show done atm.
    You will have to leave MediaPortal running, so it resumes the PC and the TV-Server can record the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom