[fixed] TV EPG not consistent when returning from IMDB/OFB (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unfortunately this now means that if you enter the EPG in the morning, play TV through the day, then enter the EPG from live TV (by pressing 'EPG' on remote, not just 'back') you go back to this morning's data.

I think from watching TV, this is not expected behaviour, since you might watch TV for a long time, so what was on when you started watching is not so important.

Mark

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yeah you are right.

if u return from fullscreen TV => tvguide it could check if TV is still running or not.

1) if it's running => set the position according to current time
    2) if it's stopped (eg. user pressing 2x stop) => then last position is set, which can be several hours ago.

this is still bollocks.

I guess we just remove it all together.

EDIT: reverted last change.

/gibman

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    yeah you are right.

if u return from fullscreen TV => tvguide it could check if TV is still running or not.

1) if it's running => set the position according to current time
    2) if it's stopped (eg. user pressing 2x stop) => then last position is set, which can be several hours ago.

this is still bollocks.

I guess we just remove it all together.

EDIT: reverted last change.

/gibman

Thanks. I guess it is easy to overlook the possible consequences of such a change. I think this is a case where there is no single perfect behaviour. It depends on what you are doing/thinking at the time, which MediaPortal cannot possibly know! :confused:

Mark

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV EPG not consistent when returning from IMDB/OFB

But just selecting the first channel in actual group sucks too ;-) so what about selecting last channel with current time?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: TV EPG not consistent when returning from IMDB/OFB

But just selecting the first channel in actual group sucks too ;-) so what about selecting last channel with current time?

Well, if you are watching TV and then go to the EPG after a few hours, maybe you forgot which channel you last looked at, or it is no longer relevant. I suspect that if we were to change things to how you want them, other people will consider this to be a bug (even though I personally agree with you).

Mark

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV EPG not consistent when returning from IMDB/OFB

Maybe you're right but the last selected channel (i clicked that channel to watch tv) is always more correct than the first of a group isn't it?

What about doing it like that:
    1.) Coming back from IMDB, program_info and stuff results in the exact position and channel everybody was before
    2.) When you go directly to TVGuide it shows the last position
    3.) When you've started LiveTV through tvguide and you stop livetv (last window was tvguide) it marks last channel but current timeslot

The main problem with the current implementation is if you have a group of let's say 100 channels and you start watching channel nr. 55 and then go back to tvguide you have to scroll down from 1 to 55 to be at the position you were before just to know which show comes next on this channel. Or you want to look what is running at channel 56,57,58 but you've also looked at channel 1-54 as you've already scrolled through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom