TV Freezes after a few seconds (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

I have set up MP in a server/client setup. Everything was very fine, I could watch and record TV. The setup was V1.2.2. Now I have a problem since a few days: TV starts fine, plays for a few seconds and then freezes. It will not come back even if waiing for a long time. I can stop and start again, then it will again play for a few seconds and then freeze again. Updating server and client to 1.2.3 did not solve the problem. Recording TV still works normally. I do not remember changing anything actively, but as it worked before, I suppose something DID change. (Only thing I remember doing on both server and clients is installing the recent windows updates).

Server runs a WHS2011, Clients are all W7 x64 (Home/Pro).

I did not modify any router options about media streaming or QoS, an this problem exists on both wireless and cable-connected clients.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No ideas? I'll be glad to provide you with more information, but at the moment, I have no clue on where to start...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No ideas? I'll be glad to provide you with more information, but at the moment, I have no clue on where to start...

Logs for both the server and the client would be a good place to start....(see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files for how to collect them)

If the problem happens on all clients then it's more likely to be a server (or router etc) problem.

Is there a possibility the server is running out of disk space ?

Tony

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Owlsroost,

thank you for your support. I also think that there is a problem with the server, I just can't track it down. Disk space should not be a problem, I am running a storage pool with DriveBender (www.drivebender.com), there are more than 2 TB of free space on the pool and at least more than 100 GB free space on each single physical disk. DriveBender has been updated several times in the last weeks with new versions, though. I did also check folder permissions for the timeshift folder, also seems to be no problem there.

I just reproduced the error in Debug Mode, please find the logs of both the Client and server attached to this reply. Thanks!

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange - I just changed the timeshiftig folder to c:\ (which is not part of a pooled drive) and now everything works properly again. Any ideas from the logs if there has been an error with accessing the timeshiftig folder? Maybe it really is a drivebender related issue, then I'd have to report it there.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Only thing I can see in TsWriter-2012-05-14.Log is :

14-05-2012 11:36:25.535 !!!!! Error writing to file D:\ServerFolders\TV-Aufzeichnung\live2-9.ts.tsbuffer4.ts: written 0 of expected 32336 bytes

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom