TV guide bug which "isnt" fixable... (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
aj1405,

I realy like this skin. It looks very good.

However, I am bugged by the TV-guide issue. It has to do with the visible time bar from left to right. (see picture below.) The actual time and the red line across the channels is correct. BUT, the horizontal time bar above the channels is not correct. This is not a fault of the skinner, but it is caused by the codes within mediaportal. This issue has been raised before, but the general oppinion of the developers is that its not a bug. So its probably not going to be fixed soon... (Personally, I think it is a fundamental flaw)

So im just thinking to maybe tackle this issue in an other way.

Is it possible to leave out the text. i.e. the "14:00" - "14:30" etc. Instead, of the text, insert a custom image like below. See attachment for detail on what I mean. In this situation, for every 30 minutes there will be a different picture.

I hope it is possible to make this work. If so, this skin will be the first skin with a correct timebar above it.. :)

Attachments

• Timebar.JPG
    Timebar.JPG
    10.6 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A lot of things have been listed as improvements, not bugs so will not be implemented until MP1.0.1

Hopefully this is one of them, as most people now consider this view incorrect.

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Your suggestion is good, but:

There is no way to scroll one large image with all the timeslots as you're scrolling the EPG.

The image behind the text is created from one control, so there is no way to have different images for each timeslots.

As I see it there is no way no trick MP to center the text.

At the moment the best I can do is this:
    epg.jpg

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm.. Too bad the visible time isnt able to be linked to an image or something... I was hoping we would be able to create a lot of small images for each time slot...

Nice suggestion AJ1405, Maybe something like this maybe? :D

PS. now I read my first post back, I can see that it can be interpreted to be very negative and/or critical... I didnt mean to come across like that. I only wanted to explain the problem and the status :) And ofcourse, find maybe a quick'n'dirty solution...

The first image is ofcourse similar to your arrow AJ1405. The second one is just an idea to create a visible frame around the time stamp. You see where it begins and ends (with the use of a nifty looking gradient grey color if you ask me ghehehe..)

(Dont use it! Its a wrong sized JPG with a white background, I used Word and Paint.... :mad: ghehehehe )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom