TV Guide configuration (1 Viewer)

henrynicholson

Portal Member
January 2, 2006
Just downloaded MP. I've been looking at posts regarding problems with setting up the UK tv guide.

Unfortunately i can't even get as far as their problems. When I type the XMLTV.exe bit into the command prompt it says that:

"xmltv.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file"

any ideas? I have tried reading all the instruction but with no luck

Cheers

viralburn

Portal Member
June 21, 2005
hmmm ... you do not seem to be in the correct path. You should see the path at the prompt ... change path to wherever your xmltv.exe file is. You can check it by typing "dir *.exe" at the prompt ... it should be there.

if you don't want to do this, then set the path in your environment variables.

basically the system is telling you it has no idea where xmltv.exe is.

henrynicholson

Portal Member
January 2, 2006
Hi,

I unzipped the files into directory "E:\xmltv"

I navigate into this directory in the command prompt so it has the directory E:\xmltv> there and then type the XMLTV.exe bit. Do i need to do anything with the files once they have been unzipped? Or have any extra programmes on my computer?

Cheers

GlobalFusion

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
henrynicholson said:
Hi,

I unzipped the files into directory "E:\xmltv"

I navigate into this directory in the command prompt so it has the directory E:\xmltv> there and then type the XMLTV.exe bit. Do i need to do anything with the files once they have been unzipped? Or have any extra programmes on my computer?

Cheers

Try this:
Code:
E:\XMLTV\xmltv tv_grab_uk --days 2 --output tvguide.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom