TV Guide Date not correct regional format (2 Viewers)

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have not been able to change the date format in the TV Guide. I know the European format is DD-MM, but I am in the USA and prefer the MM-DD format. I have not been able to figure out how to do this. How can this be changed? See attached image/screen shot. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• TV Guide Layout 10-04.jpg
    TV Guide Layout 10-04.jpg
    261 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your Windows regional settings (currency and date formats etc.) may also have an impact, so please check them too.

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Impact? I am not following what you mean by "an impact".[DOUBLEPOST=1444000396][/DOUBLEPOST]RonD, I looked at the linked you noted above. These only change the upper date format which I circled in my previous attachment. It corrected one of the dates, the main one at the top of the page. I cannot seem to determine how to change the date that is near the TV Guide section.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I mean that those settings may affect ("have an impact on"... "have an effect on") how dates, times and numbers are displayed in MediaPortal and TV Server.

In other words, in some cases the Windows regionalisation settings are used by MP and TV Server to decide how to format displayed dates, times and numbers. Therefore you need to make sure that those Windows settings are correct.

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    OK. Thank you for the clarification. What I hear is that I need to make sure that my Windows OS is setup correctly. It is as far as I can tell. I am able to use other Windows applications without any impact to my data format being incorrect.

If there is an MP setting or an TV Server setting you want me to check, please tell me. I cannot find it anywhere.

Bob K

September 24, 2017
    Home Country
    Bump...
    I always just assumed that there was a configuration somewhere in MP for this, but I was too lazy to find it...

It is very user-unfriendly for us U.S. users to see the format of the date in D-MM format. It would sure be a nice update if this could be fixed!!!
    If I'm just watching live TV, I don't even notice it, but when I start scrolling my EPG ahead (up to 2 weeks), it can be very confusing because my brain automatically looks at the last number as the day. (e.g. when the date is listed as 8-10, I just automatically see it as the 10th of the month.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom