TV Guide List View Missing Title? (1 Viewer)

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Hi,

I'm unsure at this stage whether this is a bug/feature request/support request, so I have posted here, mods please move if it is in the wrong place.

MediaPortal 0.2.0 RC1
Using XMLTV data for NZ obtained using WebEPG

TV guide appears perfectly. I select a specific channel in on the left hand side, and get a vertical listing of shows for that channel. I have two minor issues:

1) There is no channel name or picture heading for this list, so it's not clear what channel the listings are for.

2) The vertical and horizontal arrow buttons at top left don't seem to work at all. I would have thought they would change channel and day? When I hit the sideways arrows the date changes, but the data in the list doesn't. Nothing happens when I hit the vertical arrows.

I don't think this is a skin issue as it happens using both MCE and BlueTwo.

Is this a bug, a feature yet to be added, or something that only I am experiencing? I couldn't find anything in Mantis...

Regards,

Ashton

P.S. I don't seem to be able to attach a screenshot to make things clearer, so I hope my explanation was clear enough.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    this has already been reported.

There is a bug where the title does not appear in the guide after the PC has been woken up from a power saving mode.

If you do a full re-boot then the title should appear fine.

I'm not sure which specific one, but this has been fixed in a recent CVS.

ashtonaut

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Apologies in advance for reviving an old thread...

I have just done a clean install of 0.2.0, and this issue still appears to be there:

To reproduce: Start MP > My TV > TV Guide > select a channel name on the left.

I would have thought that at the location I have labeled (1) there would be some kind of TV logo or station name? I have both a logo and a station name when viewing the tv guide.

The problem I described previously is still persistent. The vertical scroll buttons do nothing (I would have expected them to change the channel), and the horizontal scroll buttons change the date that appears between them, but not the guide data.

Can anyone confirm this (admittedly minor) issue?

If it's relevant, I'm still using WebEPG to grab the data. The issue also occurs using BlueTwo.

BTW, fantastic work on 0.2.0 - it seems faster and a lot more stable than the last release I tried.

ashtonaut

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Am I the only one who has this issue?

Could someone please confirm that this behavior is not specific somehow to my installation? I'm almost certain that it isn't...

Would I be better off posting this issue in the bug forum? Could a moderator perhaps move the thread to the bug forum to get it at least acknowledged, if not addressed?

Thanks

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi ashtonaut,

I can confirm that it is exactly as you describe - its not a feature that I have ever used, so that might be why nobody else has raised this as a bug... :?

I have moved this posting to the bugs section....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I can confirm this too, have now added the bug to Mantis.

A lost corner in MP (have been in this view before, but never used it :oops: )

Regards
    Roy

ashtonaut

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Thanks for confirming this, and moving to the correct forum.

I checked Mantis, and noticed that the bug is described as a missing TV station name and logo.

I just wanted to check that the devs are also aware and can confirm that the scroll buttons do not work in this view either (as I originally posted). Perhaps this has been noticed as well, but I wanted to check to be sure that this was also included in the bug report.

I realise that this view is not very often used, but I think if it is to be included it should have full functionality :)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom