TV Guide - number of channels displayed (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi! You can change the number of lines (channels) displayed in the TV Guide by making just four simple changes to tvguide.xml.

The following instructions refer specifically to Xface, but could be adapted to other skins.

To change from 8 lines to 11 lines:
  1. Open .....\MediaPortal\skin\xface\mytvguide.xml in Notepad or another text editor. (I suggest you take a backup first. Then, if anything goes wrong, you can just restore the file from the backup.)
  2. Locate the control with description "Channel Template"
  3. Change the <height> from 54 to 39
  4. Locate the control "Channel Image template" (just below "Channel template")
  5. Change both <height> and <width> from 49 to 34
  6. Locate control "Channel Label template" (just below "Channel image template")
  7. Change <posY> from 14 to 8.

For 6 lines, use 72, 60 and 8. (Also change <posY> of "Channel label template" from 14 to 8, and <posY> of "channel image template" from 3 to 7)

For 8 lines, use values 54, 49 and 14
For 9 lines, use values 47, 42 and 11
For 10 lines, use values 43, 38 and 9
For 11 lines, use values 39, 34 and 8
For 12 lines, use values 35, 30 and 4. Also, change <font> in "Channel label template" from font13 to font12. (Thanks Metropolis)

For the radio guide, edit myradioguide.xml. I believe the values will be similar.

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes in these instructions.

Have fun!

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great!
You don't happen to know the values for decreasing it to 6 lines, I only have 6 channels so the two first loops.
Regards
Tony

For 6 lines, use 72, 60 and 8.

Since this is quite extreme, I suggest you also change <posY> of "Channel label template" from 14 to 8, and <posY> of "channel image template" from 3 to 7 to keep the icon and text suitably aligned.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom