TV Guide Still slow in 1.0.1 using MySQL (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In relation to my previous post ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/guide-speed-1-0-1-using-mysql-57838/ ) and the lack of response, i decided to try out 1.0.1 for myself...

Next time i will trust my instincts... Apart from the fact that i see no difference in general performance within MP, i have also managed to answer my own original question.. The TV Guide is still very slow when using MySQL and i am at a loss as to why it hasn't been fixed yet ...

Can anyone else confirm slow TV guide performance using MySQL in multiseat setup ? Am i the only one ? :(

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    I am a fellow Aussie, and am using MySQL and my EPG is perfect. Scrolling is pretty fast (faster then it needs to be) on the Server / Client. I need to upgrade my Client to test it there.

Give me 30 minutes and I'll let you know how it goes.

my client is a VM on my laptop, and for some reason, direct3d in the vm stopped working. so i need to fix that before I can test it on my client

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am a fellow Aussie, and am using MySQL and my EPG is perfect. Scrolling is pretty fast (faster then it needs to be) on the Server / Client. I need to upgrade my Client to test it there.

Give me 30 minutes and I'll let you know how it goes.

my client is a VM on my laptop, and for some reason, direct3d in the vm stopped working. so i need to fix that before I can test it on my client

Thanx nitro..

What version of MP / TVServer were you using till now ?

Let me get this straight... it works fine on you singleseat setup, but you need to test it on you Laptop ( client only setup ) ... is that correct ?

thanx again..

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    i WAS using 1.0.0.0 and everything was fine on both server and client.

I have upgraded the server and client to 1.0.1.0 but Direct3D is dead on my VM. So i'll need to reinstall it tomorrow.

plastiq

June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Slow EPG with MySQL

Hi!

I had the same problem with slow EPG on one of my many installs of MP 1.0.0.0. But I found that if I installed MySQL on my own and then installed MP on top of that everything got really slow in EPG!

The solution in my case was simple, uninstall my "own" MySQL and let MP Installer do it and it was fast again, and version 1.0.1.0 is also working great!

Best regards

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi!

I had the same problem with slow EPG on one of my many installs of MP 1.0.0.0. But I found that if I installed MySQL on my own and then installed MP on top of that everything got really slow in EPG!

The solution in my case was simple, uninstall my "own" MySQL and let MP Installer do it and it was fast again, and version 1.0.1.0 is also working great!

Best regards

Thanx for the tip plastiq, but thats exactly what i did... i let MP Installer install it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom