TV Guide: Want short date month-day, not day-month (1 Viewer)

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I don't know if this is the right pleace to post this...

In my TV Guide, as well as places like Search under TV, the abbreviated date displayed is in the format dd-mm, i.e. February 14th is listed as 14-2. I assume that's normal for many places in the world, but in the U.S. the convention is mm-dd, or in this case 2-14. Is there any way to change the format of this date? The configuration for the Home plugin only affects the display on the Home screen.

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Home Country
Try:

MP config (setup) -> plugins -> Home [right click] -> configuartion -> Date + time settings.

Like mrbenji said that only changes the date display on the homescreen. On any mytv screen, program dates for shows always appear as day then month no matter what you enter in the home configuration.

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Home Country
Ah.. :sorry:

No worries man, I'm glad you tried to help. How should I pursue this problem though, because I never used MP for TV before and now that I am it is pretty annoying. Should I repost this to the bug report forum?

meq123

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Home Country
Bump!

I'm running into the same thing. Been searching on "date format" and "guide date" then finally came across this thread.

Please? Anyone have a fix/workaround for those of us in North America?

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
A complete workaround

This issue doesn't affect me anymore, because I'm using the EXCELLENT plugin "For the Record". Highly, highly recommended... this plugin is a game-changer, has two very active developers, and is exceptionally stable.

It completely replaces your MyTV screens, adds way better scheduling features (like "record this program only when it's on channel 2 and airs around 6:00PM"), and (provided you have decent program guide data) can help you, for example, only record new episodes of a show.

It also has a web interface and an instant messenger interface, either of which you can use to control your system remotely.

The two developers are super helpful and responsive... they made the DD/MM->MM/DD change in response to my request. They did it right... the plugin simply checks to see what region is and sets the date order accordingly.

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
Was there ever a Fix to this? i too have been looking to Fix/Work around this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom