TV Logos for UK freeview - help yourself (2 Viewers)

T

tgmweb

I have installed Media Portal recently - and have to say I'm pretty impressed.

It may not be as user friendly as MCE 2005 - but you can get under the hood - and that was what I found frustrating about Media Center - the lack of expandability and changes. And the lack of support for shoutcast, DVB Radio - and the list goes on and on!

Anyway, I liked the idea of the logos for the channels but couldn't find a set of them anywhere so I decided to make my own.

If anyone is in the UK and uses Freeview on their machine feel free steal these logos off my website - simply right click the image and do "save picture as". You may need to change the names of the files so they show up correctly.

I haven't done all the logo's - just the TV stattions I watch and the radio I listen to.

http://www.tom-miller.co.uk/go/TVLogos

Happy leeching!

Keep up the good work lads!

nigel_williams

Portal Member
May 28, 2005
Nice logos, any chance you could put them in a zip file as well?

I downloaded a few from sat logos (or something like that, it was on the forum), but they're not as good and quite small.

poppy10

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
Excellent, man! I've been messing about for ages trying to create some semi-decent logos, but you have saved me a lot of work. Cheers!

javers

Portal Member
June 23, 2005
UK
Fantastic work! I've taken the liberty of doing the rest of the channel logos, using your images as a template. Would you mind if I posted them?

Jon

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm sexy logo's - out with the old - in with the new :)

DMAN

javers

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    UK
    AS - I'll post a link to download all the logos as a self-extracting package if / when tgmweb says its cool. I won't do it without his concent because he put a lot of work into those logos.

Jon

R

RossTilley

javers said:
    AS - I'll post a link to download all the logos as a self-extracting package if / when tgmweb says its cool. I won't do it without his concent because he put a lot of work into those logos.

Jon

Geat job mate!

Any more news on the other logos?

Ross

javers

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    UK
    Well I've had no contact (or objection!) from the original author so I'll post them here until I get complaints.

http://jv.kicks-ass.net/downloads/freeview_uk_tv_logos_v1.exe
    http://jv.kicks-ass.net/downloads/freeview_uk_radio_logos_v1.exe

The above self-extracting exe's contain all logos for FTA TV and radio stations in the UK. All logo filenames match the broadcast channel names, not those of XMLTV, hence I've also written a utility which will traul the xmltv guide listings and replace its channel names to match. I will post this later on once i've compiled and packaged it.

Enjoy!

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom