TV Management Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks Tommy I'll see what I can do for future upgrades.[DOUBLEPOST=1346562272][/DOUBLEPOST]
I already at work making another update to the program that should support MediaPortal Alpha as well as a few more improvements, but first I have to understand how Mediaportal Alpha works with the plugins, I know that the .net framework is 4.0 and not 3.5, and there are a few other things that I have to test.

MP 1.3.0 Alpha still has .NET 3.5, not much changes were done. Just the compatibility numbers.

Ok, I thought I saw a change to 4.0 .Net somewhere, anyways I'm looking at the MPEI and it does not list by default the compatiblity numbers, I believe part of it is 1.3.0, but I don't know the rest. Do you know where I could find this information?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should be in the Wiki:

Compatibility
    See the version compatibility article for more information.
    This change resulted in an increase of the compatibility version of the MP.SkinEngine subsystem. This means, that if your plugin has an [UsesSubsystem("MP.SkinEngine")] attribute, you need to update your compatibility information. Your unchanged plugin won't install and work anymore on an MP 1.3 installation.
    Changing the compatibility information is done in the CompatibleVersion attribute. If your plugin isn't affected by the changes or you update your plugin in a way that keeps it compatible with both MP1.2 and MP1.3, you should keep the minRequiredVersion value at 1.1.6.27644, otherwise you should increase both versions. The new version number should be 1.2.100.0, which is the version number of the MP1.3 Alpha release.
    Please note that if you are affected by this change but don't have the corresponding UsesSubsystem attribute, that's a bug in your plugin too. Please add the UsesSubsystem attribute for the MP.SkinEngine subsystem, and any other subsystem you use, to help improve the user experience in future upgrades.

Source: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Changes/1.2.0_to_1.3.0/WindowPluginBase_Class

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    I've updated my Plugin to Support Alpha Version 1.3.0 and it is available for download under the Archived download sections. I'll add support for more Skins as soon as I can, and as soon as more Skin Developers add more support for Alpha. :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A Link to your Plugin for download in the first post was very nice !!

EDIT::

When i will install it this error comes... The mpe1 file was from the download repository..

Attachments

• error.PNG
      error.PNG
      42 KB
    • error2.PNG
      error2.PNG
      38.2 KB
    Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I"m unfortunately getting the error in the attached screenshot. this happens when i try to access the config through mp configuration app. is this normal? it also appears that the plugin doesnt actually show anything in mp itself

tvm error.PNG

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I"m unfortunately getting the error in the attached screenshot. this happens when i try to access the config through mp configuration app. is this normal? it also appears that the plugin doesnt actually show anything in mp itself
    Same error for me. It seems that there is a hard coded path to a config file that does not work with 64 bit windows. You should put your config files in the %ProgramData%\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal path and not in the %ProgramFiles% path.

Michael

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, Micheal is right, there is a hard coded path to the config file that has to be run first before Mediaportal usage. I haven't tested this plugin using a Windows 64 bit system, but the default location for the TV Management config file is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration Utility.exe" Here is a modify Installer that should fix the problem. Please let me know if this works, that way I can update it as the Standard installers for the next upgrade that I working on. Thanks for pointing out the problems, there's always something you don't anticipate.

Hi vrcapps

I"m getting dependency errors on both installers for 1.2.3. Are you sure they"re both not 1.3a installers?

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Did this fix the issue? Unfortuantely I do not have the 64 bit edition of Windows 7 or Vista, to test it out myself.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom