TV Management (Release) (2 Viewers)

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I created this plugin to be able to Move and Delete Recordings from within MediaPortal. This also works with other files, not just TV Recordings, although it will be "Termed" a recording. This utility can come in Handy if moving Recordings across different volumes, and allows you to move all files across the volume if necessary.

Current version can be downloaded from the regular site at:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/utilities/tv-management

TV Management version 2.2 has been released (Now outdated):

Regular Mediaportal skins support:
aMPed
DefaultWide
Avalon
StreamedMP
BlackGlass Basic
Xtreme
Frames
Black Glass Nova HD
Mustayaluca
Black Glass HD
Black Glass Nova
Fidelity 1.4

Alpha Version 1.3.0 is now supported under the Archived Download! However the following Skins are only Supported:
StreamedMP
DefaultWide
Xtreme
Frames

The 64 Bit Versions can be downloaded below:

Attachments

• TV Management Installer 64 Bit.mpe1
    103.2 KB
  • TV Management Installer Alpha 1.3.0 64 Bit.mpe1
    94.2 KB
Last edited:

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo, thanks for your Plugin.
    I testet the 64 Bit Version for MP 1.2.x and MP 1.3 alpha.

The Problem is, that the listings in MP are empty.
    In the Plugin Configuration, I save the defauld Recordings Folder, but reenter the Plugin Konfiguration Entries from the default Recording are empty. Is this normal ??

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    You should have to choose the location where the recording are kept, then once it is saved, you choose the location where you want the recording to be moved to, and you also have to save this as well. Then once you go into MediaPortal the list will be populated with the recordings. I would recommend actually browsing to the directory where the recordings are kept to make sure MediaPortal is actually saving these in that location. If still getting problems, please attach a screen shot of the configuration utility and the location that you are choosing to save from, and save to.

Also I would use the open button to browse to the directory where your recordings are kept instead of typing it in. I'm not totally sure from your post if that's what your were doing, or if you where manually typing the path location in.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i have problems with your plugin. I go to the MP Config and setup your plugin set the path and click on save defaul location, then i set the path for the moved folder and save default location, than i click close and go in MePo but i can't see anything in your plugin. When i go back in the config, the 2 path are empty.

And another quest. Can you add one more path, f.e. one for series and one for movies ?

Last edited:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    The Configuration Utility creates two files called userSettings1, and userSettings2 that the TV Management plugin reads from. This should be in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ directory, if your running the 64 Bit Version, or C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ directory if the 32 bit. If you have deleted these files, your will have to run the configuration Utility again. The configuration utility overwrites these two files each time use change locations where you want to move from, and move to. Also the directory paths don't get stored in the boxes after use exit the configuration utility, the boxes are there to show what address you have chosen, and to give an option of manually typing the address location in.

You can also try going to these directories to see if these two files exist, if so delete them manually, then re-run the configuration Utility. Also make sure files actually exist in the folder that you want to move from. Sometimes I myself forgot that I had already moved all the files in the directory, which is why it shows up blank.

As far as the request for other location to save to, I'll see what I can do, but I currently working on another project. Let me know if your still having problems.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok the 2 files was there, but txt is that right ? In the txt files are the right path.. But in MePo your Plugin is empty...

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, those are the files, they should be in txt format, try deleting them, then re-running the configuration utility again.

If this does not solve the problems, then I would recommend just re-installing the plugin again, because I'm not fully sure what type of changes might have occurred on your system. I just tried installing it from the download and it worked.

Last edited:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    TV MANAGEMENT VERSION 3.0 WILL BE OUT SHORTLY, CHECK BACK FOR A NEW UPGRADE. This upgrade will allow moving & deleting files from two locations as oppose to just one, and some other improvements:)

Last edited:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    TV Management version 3.0 has been released: (Now Outdated, see next Page)

Change Log:
    Added Support for Managing Recordings from two locations. Also added scrolling in the Status Box, so that you can see long file names. Added message prompt to alert user if Folder is empty. Added Support for Pure Vision Skin, and Fixed aMPed Skin so that it is a little more readable.

The 32 Bit versions can be downloaded from the regular site at:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/utilities/tv-management

Regular Mediaportal skins support:
    aMPed
    DefaultWide
    Avalon
    StreamedMP
    BlackGlass Basic
    Xtreme
    Frames
    Black Glass Nova HD
    Mustayaluca
    Black Glass HD
    Black Glass Nova
    Fidelity 1.4
    Pure Vision HD Horizon

Alpha Version 1.3.0 is now supported under the Archived Download! However the following Skins are only Supported:
    StreamedMP
    DefaultWide
    Xtreme
    Frames

The 64 Bit Versions can be downloaded below:

Attachments

• TV Management Installer v. 3.0 64 Bit.mpe1
      121.9 KB
    • TV Management Installer v. 3.0 Alpha 1.3.0 64 Bit.mpe1
      95.1 KB
    Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi.
    Trying to understand if your plugin could update MP database after moving recording or not.
    If no maybe you could post sources so I could look myself.
    Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom