"TV" menu entry missing from MediaPortal/MediaPortal Configuration (1 Viewer)

sgiessl

January 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: V1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Win7
CPU Type: IntelCore2Duo

Dear all,

what might be a reason why neither MediaPortal nor MediaPortal Configuration show the menu entry titled "TV" (and thus making it impossible to usw MediaPortal to watch TV)?
The missing menu entry I'm talking about is e.g. TV - MediaPortal Wiki

Background information:
MediaPortal Server Configuration seems to be configured correctly. Tuning in TV channels works OK. Watching TV channel preview works OK. Watching TV streams using VLC works OK.
It just seems like the client component MediaPortal completely ignores all "TV" features (Pictures, Videos etc. features work fine).

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome sgiessl :)

Please check the "plugins" section of MediaPortal configuration and ensure the TV and radio plugins are enabled. If they are not then enable them.
    If the plugins are already enabled then please browse to the MediaPortal installation directory (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\) and check whether TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll is there.

mm

sgiessl

January 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: "TV" menu entry missing from MediaPortal/MediaPortal Configuration

Hello mm,

thank you very much. Your hint helped me discover that the TV plugin has not even been installed to the MediaPortal directory (plugin file and interfaces .dll were missing).

(I don't know how exactly this happened. Might be related to a previous installation of MediaPortal, a bug in the installer, or me doing something wrong during the installation...)

I deinstalled MediaPortal (cleaning all related files settings) and re-installed it. This worked and I'm enjoying MediaPortal right now :)

sandro

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    What you describe also happened to me doing the following:
    1) Uninstall Mediaportal (client only) keeping all settings
    2) Reinstall Mediaportal as single seat using 'Advanced installation' and choosing 'Use existing SQL server for TV Server'

When I go to configure my "new" Mediaportal client, no TV menu is visible neither in the interface nor in the Configuration panel.

The only way to fix this was to uninstall BOTH Mediaportal client AND Medialportal TV Server and then reinstall them.
    This behaviour seems a bit buggy to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom