Tv-mosaic dead? no tuner support for ceton eth6 (1 Viewer)

gpnash

Portal Pro
March 2, 2015
Linden, Michigan
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was looking at moving from MP1 to MP2 and noticed that TV-Mosaic was the tvprovider of choice now.
I followed the instructions and grabbed a copy of TV-Mosaic CE and after installing noticed it only supported Homerun and IPTV tuners...
Also noticed that it seems to be a dead product, dead commercially; open source support appears last updated 10 months ago.

I use a 6 tuner CETON ETH6 with MP1 today, if you're moving to TV-Mosaic with MP2 it looks like that is no longer an option for me....

Is TVE3.5 dead?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was looking at moving from MP1 to MP2 and noticed that TV-Mosaic was the tvprovider of choice now.
    I followed the instructions and grabbed a copy of TV-Mosaic CE and after installing noticed it only supported Homerun and IPTV tuners...
    Also noticed that it seems to be a dead product, dead commercially; open source support appears last updated 10 months ago.

I use a 6 tuner CETON ETH6 with MP1 today, if you're moving to TV-Mosaic with MP2 it looks like that is no longer an option for me....

Is TVE3.5 dead?
    TvMosaic became open source, because it’s commercially not developed further. TV3.5 is not dead, it’s made ready in the background for the next release. But MP2 might not support TV3 from next release, because it’s incompatible with .NET6, which MP2 will use in future.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use a TBS 6281 dual tuner, TV Mosaic version works fine with that! Did you actually try it with your tuner?

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had understood that the development of mpserver3.5 was not progressing properly and tvmosaic was already finished. Now it looks like MPserver3.5 is coming. Can you give the key features of the servers? Then you can choose the one that suits you better.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had understood that the development of mpserver3.5 was not progressing properly and tvmosaic was already finished. Now it looks like MPserver3.5 is coming. Can you give the key features of the servers? Then you can choose the one that suits you better.
    There are clear hints in the release notes and discussion thread TVMosaic is work in progress ;)
    Quote from MP2.4.1 Release notes:
    Please note, that the plugin is currently in development and some functionalities could not be implemented yet. The latest version can be found here. It is not part of the 2.4.1 release installer yet!

TVE3.5 is existing since years, but content-wise not developed further, because the developer disappeared. It is just adjusted to .NET6, so it can work proper in a real setup with the new installer. It has some benefits compared to TVE3, but never will contain all the features that were planned many years before.

I can also not tell the difference between TVE3 and TVE3.5 because no dev listed the working featured up cleanly yet.
    Just better Sat>IP support with TVE3.5 comes to my mind.

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use a TBS 6281 dual tuner, TV Mosaic version works fine with that! Did you actually try it with your tuner?
    It didn't find my ceton eth6 tuners. MP1 uses them, windows 10 and 11 see them but TV Mosaic doesn't see anything and there doesn't appear to be a way to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom