TV on demand services - solution (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello again!

Well I've been using mediaportal for a while now with a 2 PC setup. Tv server in lounge and client In bedroom. Done plenty of reading, testing, asking...etc and am finally happy as I'm receiving all FTA 28.2, 13e Dvb s and uk freeview dvbt signals. Plenty of tuners, storage space etc and it's all working well. A problem however I've always tried to solve is the lack foo demand services available. I know mediaportal plugin online videos caters for this however I like watching 4od that never seemed to work well, URL errors etc...then I came across 'airdrop' plugin for mediaportal. Just installed in on my lounge PC and tested with a YouTube music video from my ipad. Worked well. So I downloaded bbc Iplayer, itv player, 5 player, 4od, now tv...etc. They all work fine! I'm amazed! I even got imdb app which loaded up cinema trailers on my 42" HD telly in my lounge! I'm impressed!

Now with everything there is usually a downside or an area that needs more attention...that is Everything works apart from Netflix! Damn! I really really like netflix and wish this would work with the Mediaportal plugin!! The second issue is I can't get airdrop to work on my bedroom client PC. Not sure whether this is a simple configuration error or more than likely because I'm using windows embedded as the operating system. Anyway...just wanted to say for those interested...if you have mediaportal and an iPhone, iPad or whatever...use airdrop plugin. It works nicely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom