TV-overview selected at startup (1 Viewer)

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I have a rather strange problem. I do not know if it is X-Factor that causes it or not but I start asking here.
    I have two pc running Mediaportal.
    PC 1 with the TV-server and a Mediaportal client
    PC 2 with only a Mediaportal client

As I do not want to have to update both pc:s when there is a change in something, for example I have added a movie to the MovingPicture database, updated some plugin or created a new configuration of the BasicHome screen in X-factor I have the following solution.

1. On PC 1 I have my "public" directories shared, It is the skin, plugin, thumbs and databasedirectories.
    2. Once a day my PC 2 wakes up and executes a scheduled job to copy all the files from PC 1 to PC 2. The scheduled job is a C# program I have written. It does the following.
    1. Kills Mediaportal.
    2. Wakes up PC 1 through Wake On Lan
    3. Copies the files from PC 1 to PC 2
    4. Starts Mediaportal by execution the Mediaportal.exe program.

Most of the times Mediaportal starts as expected but not always. Sometimes the TV overview screen is selected automaticaly at startup. It is the screen where you can select the TV-guide, see ongoing playing program and so on.

When starting Mediaportal no user interaction is involved. The screen is off and no remote is pressed. The task mostly executes when nobody is at home.

My question is: Why is sometimes another screen than the BasicHome selected at startup?
    When another screen than the BasicHome is selected on PC 2 none of the two PC enter sleep again.

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom