TV picture and audio glitcy - only in client plugin (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    TV-Server Version: MP1 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: MP1 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2
    CPU Type: Intel C2D E8200
    HDD: WD 500Gb
    Memory: 2x 2Gb Geil Black Dragon
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
    Video Card: HIS ATi 3870
    Video Card Driver: 8.1
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-500
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Ati AVIVO MPEG Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Silver
    Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Hauppauge 45-Button
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

I've got a very strange problem, all of a sudden with the TV Engine Client.

I was using a very recent svn of 2.3.0 and everything was working perfectly - however, I developed the following problem, which forced me into a completely clean install of MP1 RC1 (removed fully all traces of old install - DROPPED the tvserver table from within MySQL and started all again with the DeployTool). I thought this would fix the problem - however it hasn't.

I've attached the logs from MediaPortal and TVServer (on a side note - it seems that the TestTool doesn't collect the TVServer logs now that they've moved to 'All Users' folder) and a screenshot of the TV display within MediaPortal TV client.

The signal is fairly weak in the area - though up until recently we have got excellent quality pictures through both MediaPortal and the standalone MPTVClient 1.2.5 by 'gemx'. In the logs I've attached I've tried to show a scenario of what is happening as best as possible.

If I watch a channel with the standalone MPTVClient via VLC - the picture is absolutely rock solid - over a wireless network to a laptop or even on the localhost where MediaPortal is installed. Whilst watching, for example Channel 4 on a remote laptop with MPTVClient everything is smooth. I then turn on MediaPortal and try and show Channel 4 (which uses the same timeshift file) - the picture quality and audio suddenly go extremely glitchy - to an unwatchable level. If I pause the playback in MediaPortal - the playback cleans up again on the remote MPTVClient, closing Mediaportal (where the TVServer is installed) also cleans up the signal on the remote machine.

I've installed the MPTVClient on the same machine as the TVServer/Mediaportal setup as a test and the same symptoms show. Channel 4 through the MPTVClient/VLC = perfect stream, through Mediaportal client = unwatchable glitches.

To throw a further spanner in the works(!) this doesn't happen on BBC channels.

I haven't changed any codecs or drivers in a long time - I've had a very stable setup for many weeks, until this problem arose.

Both screenshots taken on the Mediaportal/TV Server machine. First is through MPTVClient/VLC - second is same stream once opened within Mediaportal

Attachments

• MPTV client.png
      MPTV client.png
      1,014.7 KB

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Atmospheric conditions and/or service on your local transmitter are most likely the problem .

It is strange that the one app is affected though, try a raise in MP priority and see if this makes a difference.

Also try different codecs, posst back logs and experience

The UK CH5 and CH4 MUX' are particularly poor power/reception wise and the signal you are seeing is typical.

Double check cabling connections as these can make or break where reception is poor.

(As you have a dual dvb-t card can you contribute to this thread test please.)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ose-fails-dual-tuner-dvb-t-tuner-cards-38333/

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i would suggest to use MPV as video codec and MPA as audio codec an try again.
    it could be a simple codec issue, where your currently selected codec "does not like the input stream".
    i encounter a simmilar issue with some divx movies when i try to play them with ffdshow.

or as SciDoctor already mentioned, a signal issue. :)

thenar

April 27, 2008
    I've got the exact same problem!, One minute everything seems to work fine, but after rebooting the signal is very poor. sometimes for hours.

TV-Server Version: MP1 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: MP1 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP3
    CPU Type: AMD CPU Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 2.10 GHz, 1000 MHz, 2x 512kB , Boxed
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 GB, 7200 Rpm, 32 MB, S-ATA II/300
    Memory: Kingston ValueRam Dual Channel 2048 MB, PC5300, 667 MHz, 5, Kit Of 2
    Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
    Video Card: OnBoard ATI 690
    Video Card Driver: 8.4
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: VistaView Saber 2020
    1. TV Card Type: Dual Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 1037.2.0.1 (firmware 1.7)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Silver
    Cooling: defaul AMD
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Philips SRM5100
    TV: Sony Triniton crt
    TV - HTPC Connection: tvout

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I've got the exact same problem!, One minute everything seems to work fine, but after rebooting the signal is very poor. sometimes for hours.

I think our problems are the same

I'm using MPV now but it's not as good and doesn't switch Aspect Ratios automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom