TV-Picture freezes after first frame.. BUT.. (1 Viewer)

haavardhj

Portal Member
February 27, 2009
Akershus, Nesodden
Home Country
Norway Norway
Okei.. This is kinda strange.. :confused:

What's happens is that the TV-picture freezes after first frame, and there's no audio. The strange thing is that if i uninstall the soundcard drivers, all the channels suddenly works flawless. Great.. except the fact that i got no audio (ofcourse). When i install the soundcard drivers again it's the same thing. Pic freezes on all channels

I've recorded the transportstream and found that it can be played in MP, but no audio. In VLC, however, it plays flawlessly.

I've tried both Cyberlink and ffdshow codecs. For video im using CoreAVC.

Anyone got any ideas? You'll find two logs attached. One with the sounddriver installed, and one without.

Reception is DVB-T.

-Håvard-

Attachments

• With sounddrivers.zip
    30.6 KB
  • Without sounddrivers.zip
    30.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you reinstall the drivers, try updating directx again and then run dxdiag and see if it shows any errors.

Make sure default directsound device is the audio renderer, also FFDShow audio config\codec change MP1\MP2 to either MP3lib or if newer version libavcodec.

haavardhj

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Akershus, Nesodden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. Thanks for your answer. I've tried that. And now i also tried to install MP on another computer, with another soundcard and soundcard drivers.

And guess what... Same problem! Isn't that a little wierd?

I just found out if i hit pause, and then fast forward a little and rewind a little, eventually it'll work and start playing. seem like the TV needs to be "kick-started" in some way. If you know what i mean. hehe :)

-Håvard-

[EDIT]: You'll find logs attached to the first post in this thread.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    ffdshow solved it for me.

OOps, i did not read prev post. Same advise. mpeg 2 audio in ffdshow into libavcodec from libmad solved it for me.

is your config like in attachment ?

Attachments

• ffd.GIF
      ffd.GIF
      31.3 KB
    • mp.GIF
      mp.GIF
      37 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    After you have installed new soundcard drivers you should run FilMerit to check for old references & remove those, then reboot computer & start MP Configuration & check all settings for Audio Renderer & set it to Default DirectSound Device & start MP & Test.
    Post new logs after that if it doesn't work

Regards
    Roy

haavardhj

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Akershus, Nesodden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OOps, i did not read prev post. Same advise. mpeg 2 audio in ffdshow into libavcodec from libmad solved it for me.

is your config like in attachment ?

Yes. Excactly the same. i've tried both libavcodec and mp3lib.

Hi,
    After you have installed new soundcard drivers you should run FilMerit to check for old references & remove those, then reboot computer & start MP Configuration & check all settings for Audio Renderer & set it to Default DirectSound Device & start MP & Test.
    Post new logs after that if it doesn't work

Regards
    Roy

Hi ronilse. Thanks for your answer. I'll try it tomorrow. :)

-Håvard-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom