[solved] TV Picture on TV on MP2 with native client (1 Viewer)

dgibson

Portal Member
May 3, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to Mediaportal and I've been unable to get the TV client work with anything that is anyway close to acceptable to view. I have a Hauppauge PCTV DVB-S2 Stick 461e which successfully scans and identifies the channels, however the video stream is totally unwatchable (see screen shot as an example - although this is better than normal!).

screenshot.png

The TV Streams work perfectly using the TVCenter application that came with the PCTV card.

The set-up is a basic single seat install of MP2 with the SlimTV plug-in and the NativeTV provider. I have tried a number of CODEC's which do appear to make a difference - but they're all just grades of bad!

I have attached my client and server logs - please help!
codecs.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make sure the video codec you use (LAV recommended) has hardware accelerated video decoding enabled.
    If you've checked that, please post the TsWriter and TsReader log files.

dgibson

Portal Member
    May 3, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I enabled hardware acceleration within the LAV Video set-up and this did not appear to work initially - reboots and messing about a little and it all kicked in and appears to be working correctly now, thank you! My video settings are in the screen shot just in case this might help someone else.

Thanks again!
    lav_settings.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom