TV preview working fine - TV in MP is not working (1 Viewer)

Thomas D.

Portal Member
January 26, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
MP 1.5 was working fine for quite some time. Since a few days TV in MP is not working. When starting MP and selecting "TV ein" in the TV section nothing happens. Using the TV Config application and selecting "Preview" is working fine.
I now updated to MP 1.7 but still having the same issue.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot that?
thanks,
thomas

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Please post full logs as explained in the Wiki here

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Thomas D.

Portal Member
    January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I'm attaching the logs. I found:
    Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Thomas

The MediaPortal (client) gentle.config file is corrupted. Please delete it or replace it with the TV Server gentle.config file and the problem should be solved.

You can find MediaPortal's gentle.config in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    You can find TV Server's gentle.config in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server.

ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you might need to copy + paste the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer in order to find it.

mm

Thomas D.

Portal Member
    January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. I've deleted the gentle.config file in the Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server (there was no gentle.config in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) but I'm still getting the error: "Unable to open gentle.config. Root element is missing" when closing the "MediaPortal Configuration" application.[DOUBLEPOST=1403961878][/DOUBLEPOST]After copying the correct file it's working.
    I copied the gentle.config from
    "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" to "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and it's working again. Thanks!

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've deleted the gentle.config file in the Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server (there was no gentle.config in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)
    I said ProgramData for a reason. "Program Files (x86)" is the wrong place to look. Please read my post again carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom