[TV + Radio Logos] CH - F - D [Updated : 26.06.2006] (1 Viewer)

user_99

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Austria, Graz
James said:
CHli,

Great work !! I've add a few missing channels:

ARD
Kabel 1
Kika
3sat

Still working on

SFi
MTV
Super RTL
n-TV
VOX
WDR

I will post my finished file as soon as I finish the last few.

Cheers,

/James
That sounds great! :)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Good news ! :)

Thanks James for these additions. I don't have these channels except ARD which I forgot for an ununderstandable reason :D

Would really enjoy if others people would add other countries logo, so we could make a sticky !

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi CHli,

You didn't forget ARD, just forgot to name it (Layer 11).

Anyway there is a second version of this logo now, as well as a second Eurosport logo.

Otherwise I have added:

SFi
    WDR
    EuroNews
    MTV
    Super RTL
    VIVA
    VOX
    n-tv
    Kabel 1
    Kika
    3sat

You can download them all here: http://mypage.bluewin.ch/webepg/Logos.zip

For anyone else wanting to add extra logos, a good source of the logos is: http://www.satlogo.com/

I think a lighter colour on the background shape maybe better, because many of the logos seem designed for a white background? I will play a little more and also maybe tweak some of the logos a little. I will post updates if I make progress.

I would like to distribute a complete set of logos with WebEPG (I would then be able to rename them correctly to match the channel names). However, I'm not sure about the legalities of this?

Cheers,

/James

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I avoided using satlogo.com cause their logos are very low quality. I spend time searching for all the logos over the web (official website, printscrn on flash anims and so), removing background and adding a "glow" effect so they are well blended with the background.

I will take your additions and modify them to have a better looking experience. But thanks for the work.

And thanks for the ARD had not seen that.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi CHli,

Yes they are low quality jpg images on satlogo.com, I did not source all my logos from here. However:

1. With a little clean up they are ok
    2. They are a good size.
    3. When they are made so small most of the low quality problems cannot be seen.

---

I worked on most of them to improve ceratin areas.

/James

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi James,

I have tweaked a bit your logos and I have added them to the files available on my first post.

Of course I added credit for your great work in the Readme.txt and in the main post.

So if anyone is interested to add logos please get them from the first post, add the logos you want and then I'll upload back to my server.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    CHli,

Thanks and thanks again for your great work.

I just have a question with the RTL II logo. Although it is very beautiful, when it is made small by MP in the guide screen this detail cannot be seen. I was thinking a more simple solid design would work better for this small size?

Cheers,

/James

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hoho long time this question has been asked :D

They look nice too but anyone can customize the background they want using the script I made for photoshop.

I'm still in hope that these logos can be used by more people than they are now :)

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi CHli, Hi James

Great Job! Thank you very much for this huge piece of work. These Logos look just awesome! Unfortunately I haven't found that post earlier... I was using Speedbomb's Logos so far (which are also very nice by the way) but I was missing some swiss stations there. And he didn't publish his template so I couldn't add additional logos or a personal touch.

I'm planning to add three logos by my own when I find the time (TeleZueri, U1 and *startv).

Have you already planned to include the "new" SF logos?

Thanks again

Cheers,
    TimmyT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom