TV Recording Conflict (1 Viewer)

enricong

Portal Pro
November 18, 2008
Running 1.6.0 with one HDPVR2

When I try to schedule two shows to record that are on at the same time, I am not notified that there is a conflict.

Also, I noticed that if I am half way through watching a show and decide to record it, it only starts recording from when I press record, rather that start at the beginning of the show (since that has been recorded due to time-shift)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I try to schedule two shows to record that are on at the same time, I am not notified that there is a conflict.
    TV Server can't tell that there is a conflict. From a TV Server perspective all of your channels can be received by the HD-PVR at the same time. Of course this is not true... but this is just the way it is from a technical perspective. You could try marking all the channels as encrypted, then configuring the HD-PVR in such a way that TV Server thinks it can decrypt only one channel.

Also, I noticed that if I am half way through watching a show and decide to record it, it only starts recording from when I press record, rather that start at the beginning of the show (since that has been recorded due to time-shift)
    That is TV Server behaving as expected. Including the timeshift buffer in the recording is not supported in standard builds. Try this build if you want to record the timeshift buffer:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/regeszters-mepo-local-development.121967/

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    I think I know how to set all the channels as encrypted (although I'm not sure how to change all at once)
    How do I configure the TV Server so it thinks it can only decrypt one channel.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the other build. I'm limited though because I'm using the unsupported HD PVR 2 so I need to use the patch.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think I know how to set all the channels as encrypted (although I'm not sure how to change all at once)
    The way to do it for all channels at once would be to export your channels, edit the XML file (can be edited in any text editor), delete the channels in TV Server configuration, then re-import.

How do I configure the TV Server so it thinks it can only decrypt one channel.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

Tick "CAM enabled and present for this card", and set "this card can decode..." to 1.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the other build. I'm limited though because I'm using the unsupported HD PVR 2 so I need to use the patch.
    The patch for the HD-PVR 2 will be compatible with that build as long as regeszter hasn't changed anything in the TV library project.

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, however, the CAM option is disabled (because I am using Analog).
    Ahhh, so it is with TVE 3...
    You might be able to hack the settings into the database - Cards table, CAM and decryptLimit columns.
    I note that this is a good sign that what you're trying to do something TV Server wasn't designed to do. As you probably already know, TV Server wasn't designed for capture + blaster support. That's why blaster support is invariably done with plugins and conflict management doesn't work. I do hope you manage to get it working, but ultimately support for capture setups is limited at best.

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    Thanks, however, the CAM option is disabled (because I am using Analog).
    Ahhh, so it is with TVE 3...
    You might be able to hack the settings into the database - Cards table, CAM and decryptLimit columns.
    I note that this is a good sign that what you're trying to do something TV Server wasn't designed to do. As you probably already know, TV Server wasn't designed for capture + blaster support. That's why blaster support is invariably done with plugins and conflict management doesn't work. I do hope you manage to get it working, but ultimately support for capture setups is limited at best.

Thanks, I understand, however conflict resolution is probably one of the most important features of a DVR. I've been trying out MP to see if I should drop my current DVR and get some more HDPVRs, but when such a basic feature doesnt work, its a bit of a deal breaker.

I'll take a look at the database and see what I can try

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I understand, however conflict resolution is probably one of the most important features of a DVR. I've been trying out MP to see if I should drop my current DVR and get some more HDPVRs, but when such a basic feature doesnt work, its a bit of a deal breaker.
    I can only repeat: MP was not designed to support blaster setups. It should not surprise you that some things that work with supported tuners don't work with a blaster setup. If you're looking for software that supports blaster configuration with all the bells and whistles then MP is probably not for you. That's life I'm afraid.

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    If you're looking for software that supports blaster configuration with all the bells and whistles then MP is probably not for you. That's life I'm afraid.
    Sure, that may be the case. That's what I'm trying to figure out. unfortunately this is the best configuration I could think of with DirecTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom