[solved] TV Recordings not showing up in list (1 Viewer)

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

As the title states, I have been having problems with TV recordings in MP2 (my current setup is MP 2.1.3 Release on Windows 10 Home, fully updated). New TV recordings are recorded in the correct directory (as specified in the TV setup), but they are not always listed in the recordings section on the TV "Recordings" screen. Some appear and some do not.

I checked what I thought would be a related post at More Options for Automatic Share Refresh Times & ReImports, which mentioned some issue with the share watcher and it is more of a Windows issue than an MP2 issue. My recordings are recorded locally on a single-seat setup, so it may not be related.

Are there any known issues with the database update of new recordings and/or possible reasons for this (such as me doing something wrong with my configuration)?

From what I could see in the logs, nothing appears to be related to the missing entries. Please advise if logs will be helpful in this case and I will attach.

Regards,
    Mike.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

I think I have sorted out this problem. When originally setting up the shares, I also mistakenly added the TV recording share via the GUI (Settings > Media sources > Media sources configuration) after setting up other shares instead of leaving it to the TV Configuration.

After removing the manually-created TV recordings share via the GUI and letting MP re-import based on the settings in TV Configuration, all recordings have so far appeared as expected in the recordings list.

Lesson learnt: read the documentation more thoroughly. The explanation of TV recordings being handled automatically is explained in Setting up Media Sources

I hope this can help others who may run into a similar problem.

Mike.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Glad you were able to figure it out yourself. I answered to a similar issue before yesterday and vaguely rememebered that somebody else was struggling with the same subject.

The explanation of TV recordings being handled automatically is explained in Setting up Media Sources
    Yeah, I wrote this ;). Yet I wonder if there is anything that we should be doing differently to help users avoid such booby traps.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Glad you were able to figure it out yourself. I answered to a similar issue before yesterday and vaguely remembered that somebody else was struggling with the same subject.

Yeah, I wrote this ;). Yet I wonder if there is anything that we should be doing differently to help users avoid such booby traps.

Thank you HTPCSourcer. I was thinking about this myself and thought of perhaps mentioning at the beginning of section 2.1, "Adding media sources" something along the lines of:
    Note: It is not necessary to manually add a media source for TV recordings. The TV recording folder specified in the Recordings section of the MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration tool is automatically added as a media source. More than one TV Recording source will be added if there are subfolders under the main recordings folder, such as if a user chooses to define separate subfolders for TV movies (single recordings) and TV series (series recordings).

Your text toward the end of section 2.1 then explains quite clearly the TV recording share with the corresponding screen capture.

Just a suggestion. It may prevent others from coming back later to adjust the sources like I did, and experience the same strange behaviour - or maybe it's just me :oops:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom