TV recordings short / failing (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello (again).

So im still having some issues with recordings. Last night I setup a number of recordings (i think it was 4 or 5) which all started at the same time. All recordings except 1 were successful... again the failed recording only recorded a 60 minute tv episode for 3 minutes 30 seconds and then failed. This recording was using my quad DVBT2 TBS tuner (if that helps). If i upload my log files, would you have a look over them for me? I have 'preloaded' all my tuners within the TV Server as mentioned about and this issue still remains.

I have also been playing about with the 'test channels' option on the TV Server and have a few questions:

1) I receive a lot of 'all cards busy' notifications when i set 'test channels' to 4 users and scan HD channels.
2) I can clearly see 'all cards busy' notifications, however have plenty of available tuners installed in my HTPC? (Currently 8 x DVBS2 & 4 x DVBT2). (All channels are mapped correctly).

I seem to get less 'all cards busy' notifications when i test standard SD channels... could this be a timeshifting / file transfer issue?

Any help appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Neil

I'm short on time so this reply is going to be short and direct.

If i upload my log files, would you have a look over them for me?
    Yes, always. :)

I have also been playing about with the 'test channels' option on the TV Server and have a few questions...
    You wouldn't be the only one to have questions about how that section works. Honestly, unless you really understand it, I'd recommend completely avoiding it. There are better ways to check tuner functionality.

1) I receive a lot of 'all cards busy' notifications when i set 'test channels' to 4 users and scan HD channels.
    Probably normal. The explanation of why it's normal would exceed my available time, so for now please just take my word for it. :)

2) I can clearly see 'all cards busy' notifications, however have plenty of available tuners installed in my HTPC? (Currently 8 x DVBS2 & 4 x DVBT2). (All channels are mapped correctly).
    I'm not sure what the question is here. Either way I'm not going to be able to answer without log files, a screenshot of the result, and a test/tune number.
    When it comes to the test channels section, I'm not able to look through every single test/tune request. There'll be too many => completely overwhelming and very time consuming.

I seem to get less 'all cards busy' notifications when i test standard SD channels... could this be a timeshifting / file transfer issue?
    No.
    There's nothing inherent in the way the test channel section works that would explain less "all cards busy" results for SD channels.
    Also, "all cards busy" has nothing to do with the file system. It means that there are no tuners available to tune the channel.
    Log files etc. as listed above will be needed if you'd like a better answer.

Regards in haste... :D
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom