TV Recroding Conflict Resolution (1 Viewer)

karhill

Portal Member
March 19, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using MediaPortal 1.3.0. My problem is that the system does not report any recording conflicts. For example, I just have 1 tuner card configured (HD-PVR). If I ask the system to record 2 shows at the same time, there is no warning about a recording conflict. It just picks one to record (not sure how that decision is made). Is this normal? Or does MP natively support some sort of conflict resolution? Or do I need a plugin?

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I too have noticed the same thing on a twin tuner card - a solution would be great...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using MediaPortal 1.3.0. My problem is that the system does not report any recording conflicts. For example, I just have 1 tuner card configured (HD-PVR). If I ask the system to record 2 shows at the same time, there is no warning about a recording conflict. It just picks one to record (not sure how that decision is made). Is this normal? Or does MP natively support some sort of conflict resolution? Or do I need a plugin?
    Not entirely sure how HD PVR works but it is slightly different to a standard tuner and acts more like a capture card. My hunch is that MP thinks that all the channels are on the same frequency so it can record more than one at the same time (so no conflict warning)

There is a big HD PVR thread on here somewhere which I think you should have a look through as I think this may relate to the HD PVR and not sure what the options are. Any HD PVR users out there able to comment?

karhill

Portal Member
    March 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Not entirely sure how HD PVR works but it is slightly different to a standard tuner and acts more like a capture card. My hunch is that MP thinks that all the channels are on the same frequency so it can record more than one at the same time (so no conflict warning)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I wasn't even sure if there was conflict management built-in to MP. I think Jameson may be on the right path. I suspect that MP thinks that all channels are available at the same time. Of course, since my HD-PVR is being feed by a cable box that gets IR blasted to get the correct channel, the HD-PVR is only going to be able to record 1 channel at a time.

I have an avenue to explore now. I'll check the HD-PVR related postings and see if I can track down the issue.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have 2 HD-PVRs setup and I switched to ForTheRecord (now ArgusTV) long ago because the conflict handling was either weak or non-existent for my setup. To be fair, that was a long time ago and the devs have put lots of effort into this stuff since. I'm curious to see what you find out.

Cheers.

Geoff

karhill

Portal Member
    March 19, 2013
    Home Country
    I found that putting any unique frequency per channel solves the problem of MP not finding conflicts (for capture cards that gets irblasted)
    Thanks for this info. Your solution works perfectly for me. I now get conflict warnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom