[no Bug] TV scheduled recording does not stop in some cases (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    When I set up TV recording based on EPG, in some cases some TV recordings dont stop after the time, when it should.
    I spent hours of research why, first I had feeling it is EPG issue, now I think it is related to Win 8.1 and to scheduler and to active EPG grabbing.

I was testing for both EPG grabbing cases - while timeshiftting/recording and when idle. It happens in both cases, more in case of while timeshiftting/recording (probably due to fact MP is in timeshifting/recording mode much more then in idle).

It strange some TV records based on EPG and scheduler finish correclty and some of them not. I can see in manual control (in TV Server configuration tool) these "not ending" recordings even they should be already stopped duet to end of time, but they are there (there is scheduler user for such each "not ending" recording).

I think this issue happens only during EPG grabiing (this is my feeling), but by now I dont have proofi for such statement.

I have fresh Win 8.1Pro intallation with latest Windows patches and drivers.

Steps to reproduce (option 1 - EPG grabbing while timeshiftting/recording):
    • Start MP with EPG grabbing while timeshiftting/recording
    • Set up TV recording based on EPG - each TV records shoud start latter to let MP go to sleep mode by remote
    • Put MP to sleep mode by remote control
    • MP wake up when 1st TV records shouls start
    • MP does not go to sleep when all records should finish due to the "not ending recording" of some channels

Steps to reproduce (option 2 - EPG grabbing when idle):
    • same process as in option 1 above (EPG grabbing while timeshiftting/recording)

In both cases there is red label on top of the MP which indicated active TV recording, but in reality the program, which should be recorded already finish and MP should stop the TV recording automatically.
    In some cases there is another issue - remote control freezes (I saw this 2 times within last 2 weeks of intensive testing).
    In some cases also MP freezes when such issue with TV not ending recording happen.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Only on W8+ as far as I know.

Do you use Comskip?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    No, I dont use it. I have currently just 2 plugins intalled - Titan and LAV filters.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I mean Comskip the TV Server plugin, not an MP plugin. Comskip comes with TV Server, so it is already installed. The question is: have you enabled it.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I have just PowerScheduler enabled in TV server, nothing else - so I dont use Comskip.

Fyi - now I am testing TV server without PowerScheduler (so no plugin in TV Server activated) - I will know the result 1 hour latter.[DOUBLEPOST=1410082466][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fyi - now I am testing TV server without PowerScheduler (so no plugin in TV Server activated) - I will know the result 1 hour latter.

I got same TV server behaviour (not ending TV recording) even Power Scheduler is disabled (so I had no plugin enabled in TV server).

Is this issue same one as the MP1-4559?

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you reproduce this more or less every time? If so, it might be worth trying to add some logging to MP to give more information about what is going on.

It would be good to know if we are checking whether it is time to stop recording and the check fails, or whether we do not check at all.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you reproduce this more or less every time? If so, it might be worth trying to add some logging to MP to give more information about what is going on.
    I note that if the problem is similar to or the same as the issue I previously linked, it wouldn't be consistently reproducible until the scheduler thread dies or gets deadlocked (or whatever happens to it). After that time no recordings would start or stop. I added logging to the scheduler thread in the patches here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-tv-just-stopped-help.122676/page-6#post-1048254
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-tv-just-stopped-help.122676/page-7#post-1058327

Sorry, no patches currently available for MP 1.7 or newer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom