TV screen tearing/pixelating ?? (1 Viewer)

rexdog

Portal Member
January 1, 2010
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

For a while, i've been having a periodic issue where the picture tears / pixelates. Could this be due to poor reception, signal?

IMAG0218.jpg

Sometimes the screen just freezes, the sounds continues for 1-10 seconds, then everything 're-syncs'.

any suggestions welcomed :D

Da_JoJo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have same issues with HD Television content. Even when the signal level is good. Running a anysee with mdapifilter.
    You can try stop the tv-server and use the program with ur tv-card to tune into a channel and see if it still artifacts. if it does > probably reception low. if works fine then while playing start the tv-server and wait for it to init the tv-card, then kill task the tv-card program and see if it gives picture without artifacts. for the anysee you would have to open and close the CNO program.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Same pixeled problem here over client only on the colossus. It started since 1.2.1. I also have OTA HD source that is choppy both audio and video but no pixeling. Any progress or ideas on this?
    It looks ok on the server, but pixeled on the client. I have tried all codecs available with no change.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sound like you have a network problem, can you first check for updated network drivers, then if running Vista\Win7 disable ipv6 as network protocol.

See if any improvement.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    IP6 off on both server and client.
    both 1000bit LAN drivers updated (one is realtek and other is nvidia)

No change stil same, it starts out ok with minor glitches but within a minute it gets to be any scene change and eventually mediaportal craches altogether it has never ran over night without crashing.

What next oh wise ones?

I ran a speedtest from server and hit 25, only hitting 8 from the client. Still looking - going to put in another nic and also try client on other wired PC. Thank you.

I switch the cable and now I am hitting 20ish instead of 8ish. I still have pixelizing. I can stream a much larger file outside of MP without issue so I do not think it is my network.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    here are client logs while playing from client.

NOTE: The recordings look fine on server but not on client.

Is there any sensitive info in the logs that I should be redacting?
    Looks like "[fc4]Video Continuity error... 8" has something to do with this.

Attachments

• log_client_12-2.zip
      3.7 MB
    • log_server_12-2.zip
      60.5 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, you almost definitely have network problems - the client TsReader.log is full of continuity errors (which don't appear in the TsWriter.log at the server). The errors are almost certainly due to lost/dropped network packets (MP uses RTSP for TV streaming, so it is sensitive to packet loss).

I'm not a networking expert, but if this is a wired gigabit network, it's performing very poorly - what sort of switch/router do you use, and what else is on the network that might be taking bandwidth ?

Tony

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    I narrowed it down to the nvidia gigabit card in the client pc. I put in a trusty old realtek 8139 100bit card and I am singing again. (I lost half my crossfire due to pci slot placement). I redid the system troubleshooting other issues and it must be the newer drivers are not working. Regardless of the why, it was the nvidia NIC card in the client and it is resolved for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom