[solved] TV Search channel position (1 Viewer)

PatM

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I was going to complain that the TV Search results dont show a channel number but I just noticed the channel is shown in the lower right corner of the display. I didn't notice this at first because the mini-tv display completely covers this over. May I suggest moving the channel display? Perhaps just put it on the search result line itself?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the feedback PatM - could you post a screenshot just to be certain I 'fix' the right thing?
    I suspect I know what you mean but just to be sure. Thx

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry for the delay, was busy playing with moving pictures

Channel is visible in lower right corner with no video playing
    tvoff.jpg

No channel visible with video playing
    tvon.jpg

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks PatM but it is the same in all TV windows - so I have not thought of a simple solution yet.

May I suggest moving the channel display? Perhaps just put it on the search result line itself?
    Moving it is an option but not on the 'list' search result line. Since aMPed supports so many different fonts and screensizes I try to find solutions that work for all use cases (with large font on a smaller screen it uses too much of the 'Search line'). TV Search window isn't too bad - I could move it while media is playing, but I would like to make it consistent for all TV windows - so bear with me because it might take me a while to find 'space' that works on every window regardless of screen/font size (I have to check/test 36 diff combinations of aMPed options for each window :rolleyes:)

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Actually, how about in the "Airs" line? Seems to be a lot more room there.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Maybe not on 4x3 screens using large fonts (think old monitors/TVs hooked up in bedroom/kids room etc.) - but I'm checking ...
    At the top is still a good idea imo, that's what I am playing with atm. I've been wanting to improve all the TV Windows anyways, so thx for the inspiration ;)

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I noticed that Moving Pictures somehow makes the mini TV slide up out of the way when it shows things in the lower right.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I noticed that Moving Pictures somehow makes the mini TV slide up out of the way when it shows things in the lower right.
    I think it's the cover that slides, not the mini preview?

So I tried moving the Channel logo/name and program genre to bottom middle, so you can still see it when mini tv/overlay is visible.
    Looks like this now:

TV_Search.jpg

I made recorded TV, scheduled TV and program info match so can you copy the skin xmls in the attached zip to your aMPed skin folder and give it a test drive for me?
    Will probably need some tweaks ;)

Attachments

• aMPed TV.rar
      7.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom