TV Series DVD Problem (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a TV series, Prime Suspect, which does not scrape the same as all of my other series.

Most series are, for eg, - Season 01 - Episode 01 etc etc, but Prime Suspect Series 1 DVD is just Part 1 & Part 2, all on the same DVD.

I've ripped it to a VIDEO_TS folder but there are 25 vob files in there.

Does anyone know how I can get the importer to recognise the series?

Thanks!

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
have you tried adding the extension to list of video files in mp config?

Yes. It recognises the files are there but won't parse them because its a dvd. I would usually rip the dvd into seperate episodes but there isn't any episodes on this dvd, just chapters?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    presumably if it is recognising the files, you just need to rename them to show.S##E##.vob. tv series doesn't officially support more than 2 episodes in a single file or dvds with chapters. so you just have to name the vob file to the first episode that the vob file contains.

Issue 133 - mptvseries - Ability to use a single ISO as target for mulitple episodes + loading of ISO's - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thanks - I'll try that. Would I need to change all 25 vob's to s##e##.vob or justthe first one and hope it picks it up?

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Doing this would then prevent you from using the VIDEO_TS as an actual DVD rip, DVD software is not going to be able to play it back as a complete disk.

This is why I have decided to just transcode all my TV DVD rips to x264. Chews up a bunch more space, but I guess I can then use the files on my Archos or any other portable player as well.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2005
    Use DVDDecryptor or DVDShrink to rip the DVD to a large single vob file - theres a setting in there to do this, rather than using a 1gb split required by DVD standards. Rename this .vob to .mpg if it makes it easier to handle, then just rename the episode file to S01E01 etc. This will be a direct transcode, so will be exactly the same quality as the DVD. If it takes more than 10-15 minutes, you're re-encoding and degrading the quality, if that concerns you, however it will be a much smaller file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom