TV-Series wont play avi files (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just recently acquired some avi files of a tv show and I put them into my folder for tv-series and tv series found and named them correctly, but when I go to play the video it just flashes a black screen real quick and then I am back ot the menu(tv series menu) I tried to re-import them and everything but nothing is working. Am I missing something? I thought that mptv series could play avi files. I know the files work on vlc so there should be anything wrong with the files. Here are my logs. and the show that isnt working is "eastbound and down" Thanks for anyone who can give me some help.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP uses Directshow filters for playback (same as Windows Media Player), VLC has its own filters, so you need something like FFDShow installed to play these files.

Grab the latest version from here SourceForge.net: ffdshow tryouts: Files

Only recommendation is under audio\codec settings, change the MP1\MP2 setting from libmad to libavcodec, this handles mono better and still keeps high quality mpeg out for sound.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That worked! Thank you so much! That was bugging the crap out of me. I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom