TV Server after resume dont work (1 Viewer)

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi together!

After the Htpc wakes up from suspend, MP can't connect to the TV-Server. Start it "normal" works perfekt.

latest SVN ...511
    MP Setup: powershedulerclient in MP enable set to suspend and no other option choosen
    TV-Server Setup: powersheduler is set to suspend after 3 min. reinit is enable, nothing else

If i take a look in the taskmanager after wake up from suspend (bevor trying to watch TV), it seems TV-Server ist running. But when i try to watch TV in MP there is the notification connection lost and also TV-Server is not running in the task manager!

I have written a batch file, which did the trick after resume, "if i start it manually".:eek:
    But if i make the batch file enable in setup:TV-Server/advanced (command after wake up) it seems to me the batch file is not running.

Is this a known bug (resume from suspend don't work)?
    Logs added
    How can i make the batch file running (self-acting) after resume?:oops:

Any solution??

thx and cu

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does nobody have an idea? :(

I would be very grateful for help.

cu

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If i take a look in the taskmanager after wake up from suspend (bevor trying to watch TV), it seems TV-Server ist running

That is the problem, now you need to find out why.

Go to control panel, administrator tools\services, scroll down to TVservice and go to properties, check logon details are correct if not change, also you can set recovery option to restart TVserver if not running.

Believe this only applies to XP pro and Vista though.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi paranoid!

thanks for your help

Go to control panel, administrator tools\services, scroll down to TVservice and go to properties, check logon details are correct if not change, also you can set recovery option to restart TVserver if not running.

I still have controled the service settings.
    Logon is enable and also set to "interact with the desktop"
    I also set recovery settings, but the TV-Service is still running after resume, so the the recovery settings won't start ... i think

as i told ...
    after resume from suspend TV-Server is running (in the task manager)
    if i enable/goto MyTV in MP the TV-Server is not running anymore
    the result is a hanging MP and now TV-picture (terrible slow, each key needs a long time before something happens, if something happens)
    so i believe MP crashes TV-Server ??

however ... this is a really crazy thing man :eek:

I found a Solution ... wrote a batch file ... this starts up after resume, looks for a running sql, kill the TV Service and restart it. All works fine after that.
    But that's for sure not the right way and take also a bit of time ...:mad:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi again

Must have misread original post.

ok first lets eliminate MP from the frame, if you manually suspend your pc from the START button and then resume, can you access TVServer\Channels\Preview, if you can then it may be reinit service that is screwing things up.

If you cannot, then it is more than likely the drivers for the Skystar not reinitializing quickly enough, suggest you try S4\hibernate instead, as this sometimes overcomes this problem with XP, and it does seem to be a XP problem, my Hauppauge T500 had exactly the same, until i switched to Vista which does seem to have better handling of resume features and lets me use S3 without any side effects or using any other program\scripts, but on XP I got away with using hibernate instead, Why reading from the HDD made a difference, can only think that everything that much slower gave drivers a chance to start before any process grabbed onto them.

Also using PVRScheduler, which will do automatically what you already have setup, so you can use S3\Standby, used this program as i really wanted the near instant on\off standby gives you, and a great bit of kit in many more ways for running other tasks (htpc or not related of course).

Do not think there is a definitive answer to standby\hibernate problems, as to many hardware variables.

Cheers

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Can you post your TVServer log files for the same suspend event or use the auto colation of the 'MPTestTool2' from the MP directory and post the resulting ZIP file.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do not think there is a definitive answer to standby\hibernate problems, as to many hardware variables.

@ paranoid
    I never think about a definitive answer! I'm using Windows ;) ... and thanks für your kind help!
    here we go ...

ok first lets eliminate MP from the frame
    Resume from suspend (without MP started) didn't work too.
    If i start the Server Setup all channels and groups are visible but if i try a preview it fails "unknown error".
    So i'm thinking you're right. The TV-card drivers are the problem (or better ... XP's suspend handling)

Also using PVRSheduler
    I'll give it a try.

cu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom