TV Server always gives "no signal" when scanning (1 Viewer)

stephenlamppost

Portal Member
February 15, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes, that's exactly what I get (for the mux frequencies only, of course). After that it says "# scan timed out". In the log file, this is the lines that have "signal locked = Y" (and also "scan timed out"). I was a bit confused for a moment because the terminal output isn't the same as the log output.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again stephenlamppost

I don't actually use ScanChannelsBDA - I had to look at the source code - so I too was a little confused about why I didn't see that entry in your logs! I've just arrived at work, but I'll take another look at the ScanChannelsBDA code this evening...

stephenlamppost

Portal Member
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought I'd give this thread a last-gasp bump. It's a bit disheartening that ScanChannelsBDA can't scan either.

I suppose there's a chance that this is some peculiarity of the Twinhan drivers that is fixed in the latest version (1.2.3.8). So if anyone has ideas of how to debug the hard-lock that I get when I install those drivers, I'd appreciate that. Nothing shows up in the system event log... it's a rock-hard crash and happens during Windows start-up.

Alternatively, perhaps I could skip scanning and import a ready-made channel list somehow? That's unlikely to be a complete solution though, since the one time I did manage to get a partial scan working (with my 1.0.2 install), I couldn't preview the channels anyway. So there seems to be some deeper tuning problem going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom