TV-Server Auto-Update mptvdb after x hours

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Bernie_W, October 11, 2019.

1. Bernie_W

Bernie_W Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice.

I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to a shared folder, which works fine. All recordings and XMLs are stored correctly. Both on latest MP1, Win10 x64.

My challenge is the following. If I record with PC(A), the files are correctly stored and the mptvdb(A) adds the new recording. But on PC(B) the mptvdb(B) does not update the entry with the new recording. I need to manually import the recording. This applies the other way round in the same way. In a worst case I have to import both database manually.

So, what I would be looking for is a way to automatize this. For example something like an auto-import after a couple of hours.
    Or is this something that MP2 could solve?

I am a newbie to SQL, but tried to read. So there would be a INSERT INTO mptvdb Values I_don't_know_howto_extract_from_XML, but then the data would be written multiple times.
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I really don't know much.

Does anyone know a tool or a trick, how this could be done (apart from connecting all the TV cards to one PC)? Or is this not supported by design?

Thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!