TV-Server Auto-Update mptvdb after x hours (1 Viewer)

Bernie_W

Portal Member
May 16, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice.

I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to a shared folder, which works fine. All recordings and XMLs are stored correctly. Both on latest MP1, Win10 x64.

My challenge is the following. If I record with PC(A), the files are correctly stored and the mptvdb(A) adds the new recording. But on PC(B) the mptvdb(B) does not update the entry with the new recording. I need to manually import the recording. This applies the other way round in the same way. In a worst case I have to import both database manually.

So, what I would be looking for is a way to automatize this. For example something like an auto-import after a couple of hours.
Or is this something that MP2 could solve?

I am a newbie to SQL, but tried to read. So there would be a INSERT INTO mptvdb Values I_don't_know_howto_extract_from_XML, but then the data would be written multiple times.
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I really don't know much.

Does anyone know a tool or a trick, how this could be done (apart from connecting all the TV cards to one PC)? Or is this not supported by design?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Odd problem. :giggle: I have stand alone TV Server and TV Client setup. Both running latest test release of MP1, both in Win10 machines. TV Server device has 2 networks active - 192.168.1.230/24 on WiFi and 192.168.2.230/24 wired into Powerline [just as switch here, it's for keyboard & mouse share, network is not routed...
Hi all. Odd problem. :giggle: I have stand alone TV Server and TV Client setup. Both running latest test release of MP1, both...
Hi all. Odd problem. :giggle: I have stand alone TV Server and TV Client setup. Both running latest test release of MP1, both...
Replies
Views
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something stuck, it will try again on next server start and probably stuck again. But removing the media source also removes the associated queue. The server's TV plugin automatically creates the media sources for...
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something...
Hi, I’ve been struggling with MP 2 now for several weeks. Initially all was fine. Then in the client, the listings of recorded TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom