TV Server can't tune to some DVB-S multiplexes while other software can (1 Viewer)

Malstrond

April 11, 2020
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to set up MP2 with a Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 5 DVB-S/S2 USB tuner.

When doing a full channel scan on Astra 19,2°E, some multiplexes aren't found, for example the one on 12187,5MHz Horizontal where some German private SD stations are (e.g. RTL).
I tried scanning for that multiplex specifically (attachment 1), but this just results in "No signal" anyway (attachment 2).
Other multiplexes, for example the one on 11494Mhz Horizontal (ARD HD stations) work.

However DVBViewer finds all multiplexes and can tune to the problematic one at 100% signal quality (attachment 3) with the same tuner.
A dedicated receiver also works.

So the problem is the TV server.
How would I go about further diagnosing this issue?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    46.6 KB
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44.6 KB
  • 3.png
    3.png
    682 KB
Last edited:

Sundtek

Portal Member
July 12, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to set up MP2 with a Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 5 DVB-S/S2 USB tuner.

When doing a full channel scan on Astra 19,2°E, some multiplexes aren't found, for example the one on 12187,5MHz Horizontal where some German private SD stations are (e.g. RTL).
I tried scanning for that multiplex specifically (attachment 1), but this just results in "No signal" anyway (attachment 2).
Other multiplexes, for example the one on 11494Mhz Horizontal (ARD HD stations) work.

However DVBViewer finds all multiplexes and can tune to the problematic one at 100% signal quality (attachment 3) with the same tuner.
A dedicated receiver also works.

So the problem is the TV server.
How would I go about further diagnosing this issue?

Maybe uncheck DVB-S2 Tuning/scanning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom