TV-Server Configuration Fails on Start (1 Viewer)

Eboldt

Portal Member
March 12, 2017
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been using media portal for quite some time but recently I've run into a problem where i get the attached error when I try to open TV-Server Configuration. If I try to watch TV before I open the configuration it will work, but once I try to open configuration I'm not able to watch TV until I restart my computer.

I have done a clean install of windows and it was working for about a day without any issues, but it has popped up again.

I have tried to include my logs, but I'm not sure if i've done that correctly.

EDIT: I've been using Kodi as a front in. I thought I'd give Media Portal a try and i'm not able to watch TV here. I get an error saying,

"Unable to connect to TV-Server
Connected to Database
All IP ports seem to be fine

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    287.8 KB
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

The log files are good. (y)
    It looks like TV Server is failing to start successfully because the network port it uses for command/control/communication with MediaPortal, TV Server Config and KODI is already being used.
    I suspect this is something to do with:
    • you having installed MediaPortal 2 and MediaPortal 1 in parallel, OR...
    • security software config preventing TV Server from operating correctly

Eboldt

Portal Member
    March 12, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It was security software. I run software called covenant eyes, which is an accountability/parental control software that monitors internet usage. I unistalled it and the problem went away. Any idea what I could do to get both working together?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any idea what I could do to get both working together?
    Not in specifics, no, because I've never used Covenant Eyes.
    In general terms: you have to configure it to allow TV Server to operate normally. That means permitting TV Server to communicate on it's regular network ports (eg. command/control, database access, and content streaming). A blanket block on network access will cripple TV Server.

srthimsen

Portal Member
    February 7, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It was security software. I run software called covenant eyes, which is an accountability/parental control software that monitors internet usage. I unistalled it and the problem went away. Any idea what I could do to get both working together?
    Stumbled across this thread, getting the exact same error, also have Covenant Eyes (non-filtering) installed. Did you ever get this fixed? Or, is there a way to have MP try to use a different port for control?

Eboldt

Portal Member
    March 12, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No. Unfortunately I never did get it to work and just gave up. If you find a way to get it to work, I’d be curious to hear though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom