TV server configuration gives exception but TV service runs (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

This morning i had to change the IP-address of my HTPC.
Updated to 1.12 and suddenly couldn't open the TVserver config. This wondow appeared.
But in the normal config i had a good connection to the TVservice. So that was running.
Couldn't use my tuners though. 'No card detected'

I reinstalled 1.12 and had to setup my system all over again. And... same problem.
Than i made the mistake to uninstall only the TVserver part thinking i could install it as a separate part as well.
But i could not.

So now i have here a kick ass system without TVserver.

Anyone to the rescue??

Maybe good to mention: I am a complete MySQL noob.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 13.44.35.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 13.44.35.png
    161.3 KB
  • TVService-Error.2.zip
    7.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Per your description you have changed the server's IP address or hostname after TV Server initial installation. The original IP address was written into the database and now doesn't match anymore. You will need to manually correct the value stored the TV server database. Use MySQL Workbench to navigate to Server table / hostname column and adjust the IP address there.

J

joostzilla

I couldn't be more grateful.
    Is there a way to only install the TV server. I uninstalled it during a blackout ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to only install the TV server. I uninstalled it during a blackout ;)
    I am not sure if reinstalling the TV part will cure the issue. The installer will recognize the existing database and use it as such - and there you are with the same problem as before (but I am not fully certain about this). So you would anyway need to do a complete new install, including existing data.

In that case it might be easier to just rename your MediaPortal directory in the path C:\ProgramData to something else, uninstall MediaPortal and MySQL and start from scratch. Once you have your installation working again, you can delete (or first rename) the new MediaPortal directory in C.\ProgramData, rename the old folder from the previous installation back to MediaPortal and you should be OK.

J

joostzilla

Its working again. With most of my settings intact. Great help. Thanks.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Per your description you have changed the server's IP address or hostname after TV Server initial installation. The original IP address was written into the database and now doesn't match anymore. You will need to manually correct the value stored the TV server database. Use MySQL Workbench to navigate to Server table / hostname column and adjust the IP address there.

Can you give me a little bit help here? I'm having a similair problem. I try to get the tv server working with a microsoft loopback adaptor using this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/msloopback-device-for-singleseat-users.51028/

However, when I try to set it up, change the IP adress in tv server to the static IP address of the loopback adaptor, I'm not able to open TV server anymore, as it can't connect to MYSQL. So I think I need to change the IP address in MySQL aswell, but I have know idea how..

I installed MySQL workbench, but I'm not comming further thatn here:

Any idea what to do now?

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
      workbench.jpg
      210.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

This looks a little bit different than what I remember, but let's see: what happens when you right-click on server? Are you getting a menu to chose from, i.e. "open table"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom