[solved] TV Server Configuration gone after update from 1.8 pre release (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, Like I mentioned in the release thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-1-8-0-final.126618/#post-1088964

After an update from 1.8 pre release(including mysql update I think based on the installer information) all my configuration from the TV Server Configuration is gone.

The Mediaportal Configuration is still fine. I've try to restart it multiple times but nothing everythings gone.

I've included all logs I have.

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.bak
    293 bytes

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Did you or do you have .NET4 Installed? I see the installer checked for .net 3.5
Requirement for this install is Net4

When looking for the installed version(used this) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568(v=vs.110).aspx

I see in NET Framwork/NDP the following versions listed: CDF, v2.0.507227, v3.0, v3.5, v4, v4.0

[ INFO] A GIT version (1) of MP is installed. Update is not supported.

Hmm, I didn't know it was a git version, it was a version given to me by one of the devs when 1.8.0 pre release got released and he wanted me to test something for him. But he told me it was fine to update in the future.

I'm going to restore a backup and try again.

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I restored a backup and tried again but I got the same behaviour. What a pity... I thought it was fine to install this build and was still be able to upgrade fine.

Atleast I have an export now to restore. Will any future upgrade go fine?

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I restored a complete system backup with 1.8 pre release(official release) and a system backup with 1.7.1 hotfix(official release) all have the same problem.

I also checked the logs and

is always in the logs and i'm really sure I have never installed any git versions in these backups(only time was a test build based on 1.8 pre release a few weeks after both backups have been made)

So I guess there is something wrong with this new 1.8 final installer.

Any hints on this issue? Or just configure it completely again?

Update: I did another try and didn't check the checkbox for updating mysql server to 5.6. Now everything is fine. My installer is still using 5.1 but everything works. Is it necessairy to still update to 5.6?

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very Interesting...
    I just updated mine from a 1.8.0 Pre-Release
    The installer log shows
    DEBUG ] SecPrepare: DeployMode = 1 | UpdateMode = 1
    [ INFO] Installing MediaPortal core files...
    [
    Yet it did install and I have no issues that I can find....
    :confused:

What database are you running?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you also run the sql update from 5.1 to 5.6? Since this is the reason of my problems. When I disable it everything is fine but sql version is still old(5.1). I'm going to try to update it manually after installing mediaportal 1.8 final without the sql update

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No... I have the older .db3 database files..
    Maybe its time to reload and point it at my MySQL system... hmmmm

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess something is wrong with the integrated update of mysql from 5.1 to 5.6. Is this just my setup or will other people have the same problem? I can't remember I skipped the update of sql in a previous upgrade(I think the pc is installed since mediaportal 1.2/1.3). When looking through the changelogs mysql 5.6 is introduced in release 1.6 how can my install still run on 5.1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom