TV Server Configuration not responding to "ok" button

Discussion in 'General Support' started by nzdreamer55, April 14, 2013.

1. nzdreamer55
    • Premium Supporter

nzdreamer55 MP Donator

Veterinarian
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hey everyone,

We don't watch TV much, but the other day I noticed that I Was not getting any EPG data (we use the schedule direct plug-in). So I tried changing some settings within the plugin and tried to close the TV server config, but it didn't respond. Usually when you click the ok button at the bottom it closes the configuration window. Now it just sit there. I think that the changes that I made are not taking effect.

Where can I go from there?

Thanks
    -S

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. onetoomany

onetoomany Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Did you solve the OK button not working - having the same issue? (running on SBS-2008)

Code (Text):
    1. 2013-04-22 23:09:46.947204 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2.   at TvDatabase.TvBusinessLayer.SaveMpGenres(List`1 mpGenres)
    3.   at SetupTv.Sections.EpgGenreMap.SaveSettings()
    4.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveSectionSettings(TreeNode currentNode)
    5.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveSectionSettings(TreeNode currentNode)
    6.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveAllSettings()
    7.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    8.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    (My EPG Genre Tab is pretty much blank)

(Also, sometimes the tabs don't change - just the headings but not the contents. I think this is because something has already broken due to the above)
    Code (Text):
    1. 2013-04-22 23:10:45.177852 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2.   at SetupTv.Sections.TvRecording.SaveSettings()
    3.   at SetupTv.Sections.TvRecording.OnSectionDeActivated()
    4.   at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

4. mcraenz
    • Premium Supporter

mcraenz MP Donator

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I just came across this on a full rebuild of my system. Being the 'expert' that I am I decided to do the SQL 2k8 install rather than letting the MP installer do.

No matter what I did I got this mpGeneres error.And the the genres list under DVB EPG\EPG Genre Mapping was empty. And the OK button on setup TV wasn't working. (Tried dropping the database and letting setup TV re-create it)

In the end I totally uninstalled SQL2k8 and installed SQL 2k12. Loaded SetupTV, databases was re-created and everything seems fine now. Not sure if it's SQL 2k12 that helped or just the fact that I uninstalled/re-installed.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!