TV Server Configuration not responding to "ok" button (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey everyone,

We don't watch TV much, but the other day I noticed that I Was not getting any EPG data (we use the schedule direct plug-in). So I tried changing some settings within the plugin and tried to close the TV server config, but it didn't respond. Usually when you click the ok button at the bottom it closes the configuration window. Now it just sit there. I think that the changes that I made are not taking effect.

Where can I go from there?

Thanks
    -S

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    Did you solve the OK button not working - having the same issue? (running on SBS-2008)

Code:
    2013-04-22 23:09:46.947204 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at TvDatabase.TvBusinessLayer.SaveMpGenres(List`1 mpGenres)
      at SetupTv.Sections.EpgGenreMap.SaveSettings()
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveSectionSettings(TreeNode currentNode)
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveSectionSettings(TreeNode currentNode)
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.SaveAllSettings()
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    (My EPG Genre Tab is pretty much blank)

(Also, sometimes the tabs don't change - just the headings but not the contents. I think this is because something has already broken due to the above)
    Code:
    2013-04-22 23:10:45.177852 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at SetupTv.Sections.TvRecording.SaveSettings()
      at SetupTv.Sections.TvRecording.OnSectionDeActivated()
      at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just came across this on a full rebuild of my system. Being the 'expert' that I am I decided to do the SQL 2k8 install rather than letting the MP installer do.

No matter what I did I got this mpGeneres error.And the the genres list under DVB EPG\EPG Genre Mapping was empty. And the OK button on setup TV wasn't working. (Tried dropping the database and letting setup TV re-create it)

In the end I totally uninstalled SQL2k8 and installed SQL 2k12. Loaded SetupTV, databases was re-created and everything seems fine now. Not sure if it's SQL 2k12 that helped or just the fact that I uninstalled/re-installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom