TV Server Configurations Crashes w/PVR 150 & 500 (1 Viewer)

wweasel

January 15, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: Athlon 64 3700+ (2.2 GHz)
HDD: Western Digital SE16 500GB
Memory: 1GB Corsair DDR400
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9
Video Card: GeForce 6150 (integrated)
Video Card Driver: 8.1.3.3
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (integrated)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5136
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-500
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Videotron analog cable
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Tenor
Cooling: Zalman CNPS7000B-ALCU Heatsink
Power Supply: Seasonic S12-380HB 380W
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: 25 years old, w/ wood paneling ;)
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

Hello everyone,

I'm a recent convert from GBPVR, but I'm having trouble getting my tuners configured. As stated above, I have Hauppauge PVR-150 & 500 cards, which actually form a total of 3 tuners (the PVR-500 is a dual-tuner card). They do work correctly in GBPVR, so I'm betting it's not a hardware problem.

The TV server configuration detects all 3 and lists them in order, as "1 Analog Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvTuner" through "3 Analog...". Here comes the issue.

#1 works perfectly: I can view its submenu of TV Servers and successfully Scan for TV Channels.
#2 is problematic: I can view its submenu, but when I click Scan for TV Channels, the TV Server Configuration application crashes after about 30 seconds (Windows says the program has "encountered a problem and needs to close [...] please send an error report"), and the TvService crashes (next time I run the TV Server Config it says it's not running and asks me if I'd like to start it).
#3 is different, but equally problematic: When I click its submenu, the TV Server Configuration application hangs for about 30 seconds before displaying the menu, during which time the TvService crashes (but not the TV Server Configuration app!)

Also, I had tested this a few times to write up an accurate report. On my last trial, the behaviour of #2 and #3 switched (probably the tuner identified as #2 and #3 were switched... just mentioning in case it's relevant to reading the logs).

A rather frustrating situation! The first tuner is fully usable, but neither of the others can be configured. I've attached my logs, and any help or suggestions you can provide are much appreciated!

Thanks for your attention,

Michael

wweasel

January 15, 2008
Hello again,

I'm following up with some new information - I decided to do some troubleshooting of my own.

I removed the PVR-150 from the computer, and tried TV Server Configuration again. The two remaining tuners were the ones with the bad behaviour. To be certain of the problem, I uninstalled MediaPortal, uninstalled the drivers of the PVR-500, changed its PCI slot, reinstalled its drivers, and reinstalled MediaPortal. The same problems listed above remain.

To be certain it's not a hardware problem, I tried out GBPVR with this configuration. The tuner functions properly, and works completely and without any problems.

I took a gander through the logs, since nobody had on my first post. There wasn't anything that looked interesting to me in tv.log, but error.log seems to have some information - I don't understand it, but it seemed potentially relevant. I've attached a fresh set of logs from the fresh install, with only the "problem tuner".

To reiterate, the TV-Server Configuration crashes when trying to configure my Hauppauge PVR-500 tuner. Any help in fixing it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again,
Michael

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not sure what this could be, have been using that combination until cable tv switch off 01.12.2008(@ has been active with various MP/TV-Server versions) & not had problems like that.

Btw: you don't need to search for channels if you alredy has found them on 1 tuner, just map them to cards in TV-Server Config -> TV Channels -> TV Mapping

Regards
    Roy

fredrikml

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Same problem, using floppy dtv dvb-c and pvr-500

Hi,
    I have kind of the same issue, but not exactly.

I have installed Mediaportal 1.0 with tv-server.

Every thing works perfect with my digital floppy dtv dvb-c now. I now want to use my additional tuner card, pvr-500, so that I can watch and record more channels at the same time.

The two pvr-500 tuners are fine available in the tv-server configuration, and I am able to activate both by ticking the box in front of them. But there it stops. When I go to each of the pvr-500 tuners to scan for channels I do not get any configuration menu (meaning it is not shown). Tv-server config does not freeze during this, but it does not show what it should to make me scan for channel. This means I guess the tv-server is not able to interface with pvr-500. Some times the floppy dtv menu comes up, but does not allow me to scan for analog channels...

The above worked fine in earlier versions of mediaportal, but I do not want to go back since other issues are much better now.

Support is very much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom