[confirm] TV-server crash - epg problem? corrupt db? (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
My TV-server crashes almost every day nowadays. I am unable to figure why but I think it correlates to grabbing of EPG. I changed the EPG grabbing time and the tv-server crash changed time...

I attach two zips with logs almost two weeks between.

Can it be a corrupt database?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello J-B-N

This doesn't look like a corrupt database. The latest crash is in DDRAW.dll; previous crashes have been in clrjit.dll. All seem to be connected to WebEPG... but to me it isn't clear exactly what the cause is.

The two clrjit.dll crashes relate to this code in WebEPG\Parser\ProgramData.cs:
    Code:
      private string NormalizeWhitespace(string value)
      {
        Regex whitespace = new Regex(@"\s{2,}|[\s-[ ]]+", RegexOptions.Compiled);

return whitespace.Replace(value, " ");
      }

I can't see a problem with the code. There could be a problem/bug in .NET 4 with compiled regular expressions. I don't know.

mm

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't see a problem with the code. There could be a problem/bug in .NET 4 with compiled regular expressions. I don't know.

Thanks mm, is there anything you or anyone else suggest I do to try to increase the stability of the system?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make sure you have installed the latest Windows and .NET patches/bugfixes/updates from Microsoft... or don't use WebEPG. Those are the only things I can think of.

...but surely TV Server has not always been this way?
    Do you know when the crashes started?
    Is there anything you can think of that you might have changed or installed at that time?

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No I believe my problems started around the time I upgraed to 1.6, but I can't be entirely sure. I decreased the amount of channels imported via WebEpg and yesterday it worked fine.

I'll replace my HTPC anyhow, the HW is getting old. Soo I'll get back if my problems persist.

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    No I believe my problems started around the time I upgraed to 1.6, but I can't be entirely sure. I decreased the amount of channels imported via WebEpg and yesterday it worked fine.

I'll replace my HTPC anyhow, the HW is getting old. Soo I'll get back if my problems persist.
    Mine crashes multiple times a day, service gets stucked at stopping.
    Solved it by creating script that checks status of service at scheduler and tries to kill and start it.

started on 1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom