[confirm] TV-server crash (1 Viewer)

HakanThn

Portal Pro
February 24, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Please note that this was tested using 28029 with tswriter patched (and of course with completely different hardware, but still).

//Johannes

Thanks, Johannes! This patch is really good.
Still I can only watch S/R 30.000 HD channels if the other DVB-S2 tuner is idle, but at least the TV-service stays stable now.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again HakanThn

After seeing your comment here in the TV Server patch thread I had a look at your logs again. Such crashing must be *very* frustrating for you! :(

I still can't see anything in your logs to explain why this is happening, but I do think the high symbol rate may be the key. Johannes and I recently came across a similar problem with his card, although in that case we were able to work around it with the Digital Everywhere hardware PID filter. Do you think that you could contact Digital Devices and explain the issue that you're seeing? It may be that the problem is related to a hardware or driver limitation that they know about, and if that is the case then I would want to know about it too so that I can give better help to other people with Digital Devices cards.

Best regards,
    mm

HakanThn

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again HakanThn

After seeing your comment here in the TV Server patch thread I had a look at your logs again. Such crashing must be *very* frustrating for you! :(

I still can't see anything in your logs to explain why this is happening, but I do think the high symbol rate may be the key. Johannes and I recently came across a similar problem with his card, although in that case we were able to work around it with the Digital Everywhere hardware PID filter. Do you think that you could contact Digital Devices and explain the issue that you're seeing? It may be that the problem is related to a hardware or driver limitation that they know about, and if that is the case then I would want to know about it too so that I can give better help to other people with Digital Devices cards.

Best regards,
    mm

Many thanks, mm! Yes, its very frustrating to have an unstable system.
    I tried to understand a bit more my logs posted here, and it does seem like also this crash had a connection to high symbol rate, since MP was gathering EPG data from a HD channel at the time.
    I've been in contact with Digital Devices (also with help from Johannes, many thanks!), and they confirm that this can be a hardware problem. They haven´t told me much more, but I´m in the process of a free exchange of my card.

I will post again here when I´ve tested the replacement card, can be good for others to know. Thanks again!

HakanThn

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Info for anyone thinking of a Digital Devices S2 card: I´ve now received and tested a replacement card from Digital Devices, and this new version of the card works well also with the high symbol rate.

I still have some TvService crashes though, but don´t think it´s related to the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom