[fixed] TV Server crashes with unknown error (related to KNC tuners) (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to run package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe which you find in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy manually?

Didnt work :(, in the little console that tells me what the deployer is currently doing, it shows:
    Code:
    Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTV.exe" --DeployMode
    hangs for like 10 seconds on that one, and then i get the same error as before.

@bribbon
    Interesting that you also have a KNC tuner.
    Could you try to temporarily remove that tuner, or would that be too much to ask?
    Well, i just deactivated the tuner in the windows device manager, and voila, a can start the tvservice again...
    When i now reactivate the tuner again however, the error appears again.

Im using a KNC ONE TV Station DVB-C with the driver version 2.3.320.0 (latest)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    You're right. This message i'm getting directly after the upgrade from v1.5f.
    If I tried with a clean install it was possible to open the tvserver configuration. then I have activated the CAM options. after I'll have to reboot the tvserver. in this case I can't start the tvserver anymore..

I can deactivate the KNC or gets the necessary logs when I'm at home. thx

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @bribbon
    Could you try to temporarily remove that tuner, or would that be too much to ask?
    It is enough if I uninstall the driver? If it would be useful function I would have teamviewer.

Edit: @mm1352000 @Holzi : TV Logs attached

Can you try to run package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe which you find in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy manually?

Didnt work :(, in the little console that tells me what the deployer is currently doing, it shows:
    Code:
    Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTV.exe" --DeployMode
    hangs for like 10 seconds on that one, and then i get the same error as before.

@bribbon
    Well, i just deactivated the tuner in the windows device manager, and voila, a can start the tvservice again...
    When i now reactivate the tuner again however, the error appears again.

Im using a KNC ONE TV Station DVB-C with the driver version 2.3.320.0 (latest)

Really really the same in my case!

Last edited:

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also have the Problem. I'm also not stopped the service this time and also have KNC One DVB-C. I tested some Releases from Area 51 of 1.6 preview (Sound improvments and mysql update) and had no problems. Really strange. Will trying to reboot and reinstall. Didn't help.

I can get in TV Setup. The Problem occurs if i want to do a channel scan. Error in Log:
    Code:
    [2013-11-21 20:47:11,766] [Log    ] [DVB-C scan thread] [ERROR] - Exception  :System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen

//edit
    The second card: Technisat DVB-C has no problems.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks folks. :)

So to be really clear, please tell me if I have understood correctly:
    1. If you disable the KNC tuner in Windows device manager then (re)start the TV service you can use your other tuners without problem?
    2. If you enable the KNC tuner in Windows device manager and disable "CAM present and enabled for this card" you can use your other tuners without problem?

Seems like some kind of weird compatibility issue between the KNC DLL (which requires VC++ 2008 redist) and .NET 4.
    Hmmm, I have an idea. Can you please try the attached DLL?

mm

Attachments

• TVLibrary[MP1.6_knc_fix].zip
      202.3 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, I have an idea. Can you please try the attached DLL?

Perfect! Yeah with the new dll everything works again :). I can start tvservice, and i was able to start timeshifting with my knc :). Im going to restore all my settings and so on now, and will report back if watching works aswell ;).

Thank you!

Edit: Yep, watching works aswell, again, thank you very much!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom