TV Server does not start (1 Viewer)

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    yesterday suddenly my TV Server does not start anymore. Starting the config manually gives me an error message (attached), that the target computer can not connect to computer:31465. Deactivating the firewall does not solve the problem. Logs are attached as well. Any hints? Using latest 1.18.0 on WHS 2011.
    Cheers
    henning

Attachments

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Germany Germany
    No ideas so far...

Found this MP2 Installation on WHS 2011 So it seems, I'm not the only one with this issue. I completely deleted the MP server installation inkluding all database entries... New setup was a couple of hours work, but no obscure error messages up to now.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    look to wiki on troobleshooting TVserver.
    your issue is reliable to network adapter changed ( IP or Hostname)

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Germany Germany
    But I have not changed anything on server side. Neither network adapter nor hostname. As written, after fresh reinstallation including MySQL, it works fine. The hint in the linked thread was, that the database might be corrupt...

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Germany Germany
    Update: The problem is NOT solved with the re-installation. Everything works fine unti I restarted my WHS. Then MP TVService was not able to start with the same error message as above. What have I done:
    • cleaned up MP TV server (without the databases this time) and re-installed => system works fine
    • restarted the WHS => same problems as written above
    • cleaned up MP TV server (without the databases this time) and re-installed => system works fine
    • deactivated the clickfinder plugin
    • re-started the WHS => so far the system works
    What kind of logs etc. can I provide the anybody can explore that? Is there anybody running MP1 1.1.18 on WHS 2011 with clickfinder running?

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Germany Germany
    Update2: it's not the restart :-( After a couple of time running the tv server, it seems to have stopped. Log will com tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M What does MP homeserver detection need at the client end, and what does the server need to transmit? General 6
    BlueMax1916 [Question] What does MP2 Server Service have to do with ...microsoft.com/filestreamingservice...? MediaPortal 2 3
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    M TV Server Preview Window is blank, sounds works Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 3
    catalpa ...immer mal wird der Server abgekoppelt :( Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    A Keine Verbindung mit Kodi auf Server Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 11
    CyberSimian Unhandled exception in TV Server TV-Server 0
    Grisu002 Failed to startup - TV Server funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
    framug [solved] Some changes/fix in MP1 configuration client and server Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 14
    S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
    M TV Server can't tune to some DVB-S multiplexes while other software can General 0
    J TV Server setup question Newcomers Forum 0
    D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
    I [solved] Connection to TV Server MySQL General Support 8
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    F After resume, TV Server connection screen is shown General Support 4
    R TV server crash with WintTV quadHD General 0
    R MP Server und Fileshare Einsteigerforum 4
    R [further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds Submit: Bug Reports 9
    I MP Server goes into suspend, because it doesn't detect the MP Client General Support 6
    S software to send analog to iptv server OffTopic 11