TV-Server error (1 Viewer)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
July 14, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys

Can someone help me please? I have just built a new Media PC and everything works fine except my TV.

Every time I try to use live TV I get "no free card available" and when I try to open TV-Server Config. I get this error on screen and the config. will not open.

Regards

Glen
TV-Server Error.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Glen

Based on the contents of your TV Server database, TV Server thinks you're trying to use the long-unsupported master-slave configuration.

Did you change the name of your computer after installing TV Server?

You can solve this problem by:
    1. Installing MySQL Workbench (or the older GUI tools) and removing all the entries in the Server table, OR...
    2. Fully uninstalling (ie. you must drop the TV Server database) and reinstalling TV Server, OR...
    3. Using the SetupTv.exe /configure-db switch to create a fresh database.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thankyou for your very quick reply.

I'm not sure how to do any of those suggestions but if I fully uninstall TV Server how do i reinstall without having to reinstall mp again?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure how to do any of those suggestions...
    Let's try the third option - I think it will be more certain to work than trying to reinstall TV Server without reinstalling MP, and faster for me to explain.

1. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    2. Change the "target" from ...\SetupTv.exe" to ...SetupTv.exe" /configure-db ... (note that the quotation marks are important).
    3. Double click on the shortcut. You should now see the database connection popup that you would have seen when you first installed. All the fields should be set with your current database connection parameters.
    4. Change the "schema name" field to any other value (note: you can't use spaces). I suggest to just add a "2" on the end to make it MpTvDb2.
    5. Click "test" and then "save".
    6. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    7. Remove the configure-db section that you added.

All done. :)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You are a legend:)

Thankyou very much for helping a "dumb aussie" i will refrain from making any kiwi jokes for one month(y)

Regards

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom