TV Server goes down in Random intervals. Related to network connection I think? (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: 1.0 Final
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Vista Premium
CPU Type: Quad Core 9550+ Declocked
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 80GB + 1000GB
Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM
Video Card: Onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: WinTV HVR 2200
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I wish I could be more specific... It seems quite at random the TV Server will go down, which in relation also kills my IRSS... Quite simply I will be watching TV both locally and also remotely from my client system in my room.. More so than not watching remotely seems to cause problems.. But what I have noticed is that it seems to be somewhat related to the stability of my internet and/or router...

Simply put, if I turn off my router it seems to also kill my TV-server even for local viewing..

But not always!!!! AARRGG

I have been using MP for a year now, and every single SVN and RC and I can say that this is the first time I have noticed this problem.. Its a game stopper, I think I have heard of simular conversation but have not been able to find any links on the subject..

Please tell me what additional information is required to diagnose this problem. Thanks
:eek:

chuvke

Portal Member
December 30, 2006
Still in 1.0.1

Hi all,

I was happy to notice that v1.0.1 was released last week , because i've been following bug
0001957: TV Client doesn't reconnect if TV Server stops & restarts - MediaPortal Bugtracker for a while now.

Unfortunately I still have the same problem as before :(

If I disconnect the network cable,I recieve the error "Connection to TV Service lost" and the program guide doesn't work anymore. (Some message about a #label or something)

I've to restart MP (client only) to get it working again.

Disconnecting the network cable isn't something that is happening often, but in my case the network is disconnected every day (router switched off) and that causes the same problem :((
This means that every day I have to restart MP Client manually.

I'm using the StreamedMP skin and i suspect it maybe has something to do with the RSS feed on there.

Any suggestions what I can try to solve this ?

Greetings,
Chuvke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom